The horse chestnut seed extract in Life Extension Sustained Release Venotone has been shown to support blood flow, varicose veins, leg swelling, pain, and chronic venous insufficiency. It also supports a healthy fluid balance and is an antioxidant.
Horse chestnut extract supports a healthy fluid balance plus antioxidant, venotonic (helpful to veins), and vasoprotective (protective of vessels or ducts) actions.517-527 The key active ingredient in horse chestnut is a substance called escin.527,528
Venotone is an extract of horse chestnut, which has been standardized to ensure the highest quality, consistency and biological activity. Sustained release provides continuous activity while minimizing the potential for gastric irritation.
A variety of trials and data analysis suggest that the ingredients in Venotone support poor blood flow along with varicose veins and other chronic circulation problems. CVI (chronic venous insufficiency) is more common as we age. It can cause pain, oedema, itchiness, skin hardening and fatigue.1-4
|Serving Size: 1 capsule |
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving|
|Horse Chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum) extract (seed) [std. to 20% (50 mg) triterpene glycosides calculated as escin]||250 mg|
|Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, gelatin, maltodextrin, silica, vegetable stearate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.|
|This product contains NO: milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, or rice. Contains NO sugar, and no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or preservatives.|
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule every 12 hours, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Sustained release provides continuous activity while minimizing any possible gastric irritation.
Caution: If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, have a bleeding disorder, or if you have impaired liver or kidney function, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. NCCAM: Horse Chestnut
2. Horse-chestnut seed extract for chronic venous insufficiency. A criteria-based systematic review.
517. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004;(2):CD003230.
518. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006 Jan 25;(1):CD003230.
519. Ostomy Wound Manage. 2006 Apr;52(4):68-70, 72-4, 76-8.
520. Adv Ther. 2006 Jan-Feb;23(1):179-90.
521. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2001;1(1):5.
522. Pharmacol Res. 2001 Sep;44(3):183-93.
523. Angiology. 2000 Mar;51(3):197-205.
524. J Fam Pract. 1999 Mar;48(3):171-2.
525. Arch Dermatol. 1998 Nov;134(11):1356-60.
526. Int Angiol. 2002 Dec;21(4):305-15.
527. Arzneimittelforschung. 1994 Jan;44(1):25-35.
528. Arzneimittelforschung. 1979;29(4):672-5.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.