Benefits of Natural Vitamin E
- Acts as an antioxidant to protect cells
- Supports the integrity of cell membranes
- Reduces the speed at which cells age
- Helps maintain a healthy platelet aggregation
- Promotes nervous system and eye health
- Strengthens the immune system
- Supports healthy cognitive function
- Absorbs 3 times better than synthetic vitamin E
Vitamin E is an antioxidant. It supports cell health by helping the cells repair and protect themselves against damage and disease. This vitamin is transported for use through the body via the liver’s carrier proteins which bind to it. Natural vitamin E has been known to bind more efficiently than synthetic vitamin E. Because of this, Life Extension Pure Natural Vitamin E has a 3-to-1 higher absorption rate than synthetic vitamin E.
There was a long standing debate as to whether natural or synthetic vitamin E is better. For most vitamins, there is no difference between natural and synthetic as both can be absorbed the same and provide the same health benefits regardless of their source. With vitamin E, however, the natural form has proven far superior through testing and research.2, 3-8
Natural vitamin E is distributed through the body much better than the synthetic form.9-12 This is because specific carrier proteins in the liver selectively bind to natural vitamin E and transport it through the blood to cells throughout the body. While these carrier proteins bind to the entirety of natural vitamin E, they only recognize a portion of synthetic vitamin E and ignore the remainder.13-15 The ignored parts of the synthetic vitamin E gets left behind and cannot be used by the body.
Japanese researchers gave natural or synthetic vitamin E to young women to measure how much vitamin E actually made it into their blood. It took only 100 mg of natural vitamin E to produce blood levels that required 300 mg of synthetic vitamin E to reach.16
Life Extension’s Pure Natural Vitamin E softgels provide only the better utilized natural vitamin E and supports overall health with its antioxidant properties.
|Serving Size: 1 softgel |
Servings Per Container: 90
|Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol from sunflower oil)||400 IU|
|Other Ingredients: gelatin, glycerin, purified water.|
Dosage and Use:
- Take one softgel daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Caution: If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. MedlinePlus: Vitamin E
2. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1997 Apr 1; 94(7):3217-22.
3. Semin Urol Oncol 1999 May;17(2):85-90.
4. FEBS Lett. 1998 Oct 16;437(1-2):145-8.
5. Ann Nutr Metab. 2004;48(3):169-88.
6. FASEB J. 2003 May;17(8):816-22.
7. Free Radic Biol Med. 2004 Jan 1;36(1):1-15.
8. N Engl J Med. 1996 May 2;334(18):1156-62.
9. J Plant Physiol. 2005 Jul;162(7):790-6
10. J Nutr Biochem. 2004 Jul;15(7):380-95.
11. Nutrition. 2001 Oct;17(10):799-805.
12. Mol Aspects Med. 2007 Oct-Dec;28(5-6):423-36.
13. Annu Rev Nutr. 2007;27:347-62.
14. Vitam Horm. 2007;76:1-21.
15. J Biol Chem. 2008 Jun 27;283(26):17797-804.
16. Am J Clin Nutr. 1997 Mar;65(3):785-9.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.