Life Extension® continues to develop increasingly potent mitochondria-boosting formulations.1-4 The new Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with BioPQQ® contains shilajit (which studies have shown doubles CoQ10 levels in the mitochondria) plus the breakthrough compound PQQ (shown to support the spontaneous generation of new mitochondria in aging cells). This represents a three-way strategy for enhanced mitochondrial support.
1. Super Ubiquinol CoQ10
CoQ10 is required to convert the energy from fats and sugars you eat into usable cellular energy. More people are supplementing with CoQ10 than ever before. A key reason is increased awareness that the body’s production of CoQ10 declines significantly with advancing age.5 Statin drugs also deplete CoQ10 levels in the blood, and possibly, tissues.6,7 For example, statin drugs reduce plasma CoQ10 by almost 40% – but the aging process itself reduces CoQ10 levels in the heart muscle wall by 72%.8
Studies show that absorption of the ubiquinol form of CoQ10 is far greater than the conventional ubiquinone form. In middle-aged mice, ubiquinol was shown to be 40% more effective in slowing measurements of aging, compared to ubiquinone.9 Life Extension® offers this highly bioavailable ubiquinol form of patented CoQ10 in an advanced delivery system, providing an unparalleled absorption level.10
2. Enhanced Support with Shilajit
PrimaVie® shilajit has been shown to double levels of CoQ10 in mitochondria.11 Combining CoQ10 and shilajit produced a 56% increase in energy production in the brain – 40% better than CoQ10 alone. And in muscle, there was a 144% increase in energy production – 27% better than CoQ10 alone.12
Shilajit boosts CoQ10’s beneficial effects by stabilizing CoQ10 in the superior ubiquinol form.13,14 Additionally, shilajit facilitates more efficient delivery of CoQ10 into the mitochondria, which results in greater cellular energy production.15-18 Shilajit itself is rich in essential compounds that help the mitochondria convert fats and sugars into ATP (adenosine triphosphate), the body’s main source of energy.16
3. PQQ Promotes Growth of New Mitochondria
Until recently, the only options for aging individuals to promote replenishment of the declining numbers of mitochondria in their bodies were long-term calorie restriction or exhaustive physical activity – difficult or impractical for most aging people. Now PQQ offers a viable alternative: PQQ (pyrroloquinoline quinone) promotes spontaneous production of new mitochondria.19 In fact, PQQ promotes youthful cellular function in three distinct ways:
- Promotes mitochondrial biogenesis. PQQ activates genes that promote the formation of fresh mitochondria.19 It also beneficially interacts with genes directly involved in mitochondrial health. These same genes support healthy body weight, normal fat and sugar metabolism and youthful cellular proliferation.20
- Mitochondrial defense. Mitochondria possess their own DNA, distinct from those contained in the cell nucleus. Unfortunately, compared to nuclear DNA, mitochondrial DNA are relatively unprotected – and yet situated at the source of both energy and free-radical production. PQQ’s antioxidant potency and favorable gene-expression profile powerfully boost mitochondrial defense.
- Antioxidant power. PQQ is a potent antioxidant. Its extraordinary molecular stability enables it to facilitate thousands of antioxidant reactions in the mitochondria – without breaking down – for maximum antioxidant and bioenergetic support.21
PQQ is an essential nutrient, meaning that your body cannot make it on its own. A wealth of research demonstrates that – alone and especially in combination with CoQ10 – its unique nutritional profile supports heart health and brain function.22-24 This should be no surprise, given how much energy these vital organs need.
Some of the many potential health benefits Life Extension Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with BioPQQ may provide are:25-37
- Cardiovascular support: The ability for the heart to pump blood may be increased.
- Statin myopathy support: Rhabdomyolysis, muscle pain, and weakness may be decreased.
- Antioxidant support: Has the ability to regenerate other antioxidants.
- Anti aging support: May improve physical activity and cognitive ability.
- Neurological support: May support certain diseases such Parkinson’s disease.
- Oral health support: May reduce plaque build up and gum recession.
- Renal health support: May offer protection and support kidney disease.
- Male infertility support: May increase sperm count, mobility and quality.
- Inflammation support: May block the release of proinflammatory cytokines and chemokines.
Life Extension® has identified a purified, highly potent form of PQQ from Japan that is produced through a unique fermentation process. The result is some of the highest quality PQQ available today.
The optimal dose of PQQ is 20 mg each day. Customers taking Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer, Mitochondrial Basics, or PQQ 10 mg caps obtain this optimal PQQ dose when taking the new Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with PQQ.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.