Super R-Lipoic Acid by Life Extension offers top-notch stability, bioavailability and potency for many benefits to health. This development actually turns “R” lipoic acid into a sodium form, which reaches 10–30 times greater peak blood levels.
The “R” form of lipoic acid is instinctively made and put to use by the body. R-lipoic acid helps to react favorably towards inflammation, and is actually more powerful alone than when combined with lipoic acid’s “s” form. This combination is frequently found in commercially available lipoic acid supplements.113-124
Super R-Lipoic Acid by Life Extension offers top-notch stability, bioavailability and potency for many benefits to health. This development actually turns “R” lipoic acid into a sodium form, sodium R-lipoic acid, which is significant in that, during a recent human experiment, this form reached 10–30 times greater peak blood levels compared to pure R-lipoic acid.125, 126
In addition, this sodium-based form reaches peak blood levels faster, securing fast uptake from the plasma into the tissues.125 Research conducted recently demonstrated that consuming Super R-Lipoic Acid by mouth reached top concentrations of plasma inside a 20 minute window of supplementation.126
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule |
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving|
|Bio-Enhanced Stabilized Na-RALA sodium R-lipoate (providing 240 mg of R-Lipoic acid)||283 mg|
|Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate, silica.|
Bio-Enhanced is a registered trademark of Geronova Research, Inc.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one to two capsules daily as tolerated, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Take capsules at the same time, preferably on an empty stomach.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
Caution: Because this product may lower blood glucose, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product if you are taking glucose lowering medication.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. (R)-alpha-lipoic acid-supplemented old rats have improved mitochondrial function, decreased oxidative damage, and increased metabolic rate.
2. (R)-alpha-lipoic acid reverses the age-associated increase in susceptibility of hepatocytes to tert-butylhydroperoxide both in vitro and in vivo.
113. Free Radic Res. 2004 Oct;38(10):1083-92.
114. Nutrition. 2001 Oct;17(10):888-95.
115. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2008 Oct-Nov;60(13-14):1463-70.
116. Arch Pharm (Weinheim). 2010 Mar;343(3):133-42.
117. Metabolism. 2008 Oct;57(10):1465-72.
118. Brain Res. 2000 Feb 14;855(2):292-7.
119. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002 Apr;959:491-507.
120. J Neuroimmunol. 2011 Apr;233(1-2):90-6.
121. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2011 Nov 2. [Epub ahead of print]
122. Pharmacol Res. 2011 Jan;63(1):23-9.
123. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2010 Aug;1203:151-9.
124. Wien Klin Wochenschr. 2006 Mar;118(3-4):100-7.
125. Carlson DA, et al. Lipoic Acid: Energy Production, Antioxidant Activity and Health Effects. Taylor & Francis Publishers; 2008:235-70.
126. Altern Med Rev. 2007 Dec;12(4):343-51.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.