- Contains a collective 2600 mcg of vitamin K activity per softgel.
- May provide various benefits for cardiovascular health and bone density.
- Features forms of both vitamin K1 and vitamin K2.
- Pairs well with Life Extension Vitamin D3 Softgels.
- 90 single softgel servings per container.
Vitamin K: Structure, Function & Forms
Vitamin K represents a family of compounds which share in a 2-methyl-1,4-naphthoquinone chemical structure. Most people take vitamin K to aid in calcium and vitamin D absorption. This may provide support for bone density and cardiovascular health by proxy.
The two most common forms of vitamin K are hylloquinone (vitamin K1) and various menaquinones (vitamin K2). Menaquinones are produced organically by probiotic bacteria in the gut. For this reason, vitamin K2 is generally regarded as the most bioavailable form for supplementation. However, vitamin K1 is not without its fair share of advantages, particularly for supporting healthy bone density in postmenopausal women.1
Within the body, Vitamin K functions as a coenzyme in the synthesis of proteins involved in blood flow and bone metabolism, as well as many other diverse physiological functions. While vitamin K deficiencies are rare in adults, they are actually rather common for newborn children, and can occur from malabsorption issues or an imbalanced diet. In these cases, supplementation is considered a viable means of balancing bodily vitamin K concentrations.
However, those interested in vitamin K supplementation often wonder: which form of vitamin K should I take? If you can only take just one, then the most common recommendation is vitamin K2. This presents an ideal method for hedging bets against a vitamin K deficiency. Try for yourself today with Super K!
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.