Life Extension Super CLA Blend with Sesame Lignans supports the immune system, may protect the heart, helps maintain blood sugar and beneficial for lipid profiles. It also supports obesity by stimulating fat breakdown to reduce body fat mass.
CLA, or conjugated linoleic acid, is a group of positional and geometric isomers of linoleic acid, which mainly come from meat and dairy products. Extensive research has demonstrated that CLA offers numerous benefits, such as supporting the immune system, protecting the cardiovascular system, maintaining healthy levels of blood sugar, and more!103-119
The following clinical trials used CLA to support weight loss, administering 1.7 to 12 grams per day:
- One study demonstrated that a dose of 3.4 g CLA everyday for 12 weeks was enough to reduce body fat mass (BFM) significantly in those who were overweight or obese.111
- Another study on people demonstrated that 3.2 g per day of CLA boosted lean body mass over a 12 week period.112
- A study on healthy or overweight adults over a six-month period demonstrated that CLA reduced body fat mass in specific areas of the body for everybody who participated.114
- An additional six-month study on healthy overweight people demonstrated that by supplementing with CLA, there was no additional weight gained during the holiday season!116 A moderate decrease in fat mass has been seen using only 3.2 grams everyday of CLA.117
Sesame lignans are useful for triggering fatty acid oxidation in the liver, and they also help to stimulate fat breakdown.120,121
Serving Size: 3 softgels
Servings Per Container: 40
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
CLA Blend [from safflower oil providing min. 78% conjugated linoleic acid (2340 mg)]
Sesame seed (Sesamum indicum) lignan extract
Other Ingredients: gelatin, glycerin, purified water, carob color, silica, sunflower lecithin, rosemary extract.
Super CLA Blend is a concentrated blend of free fatty acids derived from safflower oil. Super CLA Blend consists of a minimum of 78% conjugated linoleic acid yielding optimal levels including the two active isomers C18:2 c9,t11 and C18:2 t10,c12, and minimizing the inactive isomers, ensuring a consistent isomer profile.
Dosage and Use:
- Take three softgels daily with meals.
- Can be taken in divided doses or all at once.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Conjugated linoleic acid reduces body fat mass in overweight and obese humans.
2. Six months supplementation with conjugated linoleic acid induces regional-specific fat mass decreases in overweight and obese.
103. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2004 May;36(5):814-20.
104. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2003 Apr;57(4):595-603.
105. Br J Nutr. 2002 Sep;88(3):243-51.
106. Lipids. 2001 Mar;36(3):221-7.
107. Am J Clin Nutr. 2004 Jun;79(6):1118-25.
108. J Int Med Res. 2001 Sep-Oct;29(5):392-6.
109. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2001 Aug;25(8):1129-35.
110. Lipids. 2001 Aug;36(8):773-81.
111. J Nutr. 2000 Dec;130(12):2943-8.
112. J Nutr. 2007 May;137(5):1188-93.
113. Br J Nutr. 2007 May;97(5):1001-11.
114. Br J Nutr. 2007 Mar;97(3):550-60.
115. Br J Nutr. 2007 Feb;97(2):273-80.
116. Int J Obes (Lond). 2007 Mar;31(3):481-7.
117. Am J Clin Nutr. 2007 May;85(5):1203-11.
118. J Nutr Biochem. 2010 Feb;21(2):107-15.
119. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2010 Jan 20;7:5. doi: 10.1186/1743-7075-7-5.
120. Metabolism. 1999 Oct;48(10):1303-13.
121. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2001 Nov;65(11):2535-41.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.