Benefits of Skin Restoring Phytoceramides with Lipowheat
- Nutritional support for aging skin.
- Natural source of skin restoring ceramides.
- Moisturizing and nourishing properties.
- Supplements topical products you may already use.
If your skin looks healthy, thank ceramides. They are a vital lipid building block of the skin’s tissue, where they shield against the elements and lock in moisture.24-27 In fact, 35%-40% of the binding model that sustains moisture balance and defends the skin’s surface, consists of ceramides.28 The dilemma is that the body’s development of ceramides diminishes with age.29
The ceramides that young skin naturally produces to preserve its limber appearance match those present in wheat which is the reason that wheat-oils have been used topically for centuries as a natural moisturizer. However, wheat alone does not provide sufficient ceramides to make a lasting impact on your skin’s appearance, and neither does your diet.
For this reason, Life Extension has combined these skin-healthy oils in an oral concoction with Lipowheat, an exclusive phytoceramide mix that provides nourishing support for aging skin, to supplement topical products you may already use.
Phytoceramides have been accessible to Japanese women as a functional food since 2000.30 The hydrating action of Lipowheat phytoceramides has been demonstrated to be remarkably impelling in clinical trials, and as a result, they are now approved as a dietary ingredient by the FDA. For instance, after three months of consuming 200 mg a day of Lipowheat, a group of people experiencing dry, flaking skin described drastic improvement in the look and feel of their skin. These findings were confirmed by electrochemical analysis showing that 95% of participants showed improved skin hydration. Better yet, all subjects who suffered from chronic itching at the beginning of the study described dramatically reduced itching or total elimination of the itching by the end of the study!31
Serving Size: 1 vegetarian liquid capsule
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving
Ceratiq® wheat (Triticum vulgare) oil extract (providing glycolipids, phytoceramides and glycosylceramides)
Other Ingredients: rice bran oil, vegetable cellulose (capsule), silica, rosemary extract.
Ceratiq® is a registered joint-trademark of PLT Health Solutions and Arco, Robertet Group, France.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one liquid capsule daily with food or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. The moisturizing effect of a wheat extract food supplement on women’s skin: a randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled trial.
24. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2005;6(4):215-23.
25. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006 Dec;1758(12):2080-95.
26. Biophys Chem. 2010 Aug;150(1-3):144-56.
27. Chemistry and Physics of Lipids. Apr 2007;146(2):67-75
28. Int J Cosmet Sci. 2011 Apr;33(2):138-43
29. Robert Baran, Howard I. Maibach. Textbook of cosmetic dermatology. Third Ed. Taylor & Francis. 2005:177.
30. www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dockets/95s0316/95s-0316-rpt0275-04-Udell-vol211.pdf Accessed January 6, 2012.
31. J Med Esth et Chir Derm. 2007 Dec; 34(136):239-42.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.