Benefits of Silymarin
- Promotes healthy liver function
- Supports overall wellness through the liver
- Provides full support through purely natural ingredients
- Contains the active compound from milk thistle extract (Silybum marianum)
- Contains antioxidants
Life Extension Silymarin is an active component of the extract of milk thistle (Silybum marianun). It is an antioxidant that scavenges damaging free radicals. Scientific studies show that oral supplementation with silymarin can help support liver function.
Silymarin is a medicinal extract of milk thistle (Silybum marianum), a member of the Compositae or daisy family.52 Silymarin is considered a flavonolignan mixture which is a unique type of bioflavonoid and an antioxidant that scavenges damaging free radicals. Scientific studies show that oral supplementation with silymarin can help support liver function.53-58 Silymarin has been shown to combat lipid peroxidation in the liver.57-60 It has also been demonstrated that silymarin may help promote healthy liver cells.54
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule |
Servings Per Container: 90
|Amount Per Serving|
|Silymarin [from milk thistle extract (seed)]||100 mg|
|Citrus bioflavonoid complex bitter orange (peel and fruit)||25 mg|
|Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), silica, stearic acid.|
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule one to three times daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. PubMed Health: Milk Thistle (PDQ)
52. Am J Gastroenterol. 1998 Feb;93(2):139-43.
53. Tokai J Exp Clin Med. 1990 May;15(2-3):123-7.
54. J Hepatol. 1989 Jul;9(1):105-13.
55. Scand J Gastroenterol. 1982 Jun;17(4):517-21.
56. Med Klin. 1978 Jul 14;73(28-29):1060-5.
57. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2002 Jan;40(1):2-8.
58. J Hepatol. 1997 Apr;26(4):871-9.
59. J Agric Food Chem. 2008 Jun 11;56(11):3966-72.
60. Arzneimittelforschung. 1998 Mar;48(3):236-9.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.