Human trials have shown Life Extension Rhodiola Extract, 3% Rosavins increased exercise endurance after only one dose. And mental performance such as associative thinking, short-term memory, and concentration increased after just 2 weeks of use.
As people age, their cells’ ability to produce energy is diminished. Many scientists believe that cellular energy deficit is a critical factor in the onset of many degenerative problems.
The Russian herb rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea) has demonstrated a remarkable ability to support cellular energy metabolism. Rhodiola promotes higher levels of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and creatine phosphate (CP) in the cellular power plants known as the mitochondria, thus providing more of the energy molecules needed to perform many daily activities.1
In a human clinical trial, rhodiola aided exercise endurance after just a single dose.2 In a double-blind crossover human trial, rhodiola increased several measures of mental performance, including associative thinking, short-term memory, concentration, calculation and speed of audiovisual perception. Statistically significant improvements were reported after just two weeks of supplementation.3 More recent clinical trials have found that Rhodiola rosea significantly improves physical and cognitive deficiencies.4-7
Unlike other rhodiola supplements available on the market today, Rhodiola Extract uses only the authentic Rhodiola rosea species and is standardized to contain the proven 3:1 ratio of 3% rosavins and 1% salidrosides, matching the concentrations of active adaptogens used in clinical trials.8-11
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule |
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving|
|Rhodiola Rosea extract (root) [std. to 3% rosavins (7.5 mg), NLT 1% salidrosides (2.5 mg)]||250 mg|
|Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose(capsule), maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable stearate, silica.|
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Caution: Individuals with manic or bipolar disorder should not use Rhodiola. Take early in the day if Rhodiola Extract interferes with your sleep.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2003 Dec;136(6):585-7.
2. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2004 Jun; 14(3):298-307.
3. Phytomedicine. 2000 Oct;7(5):365-71.
4. Adv Ther. 2007 Jul-Aug;24(4):929-39.
5. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2010 Mar;50(1):57-63.
6. Phytomedicine. 2011 Feb 15;18(4):235-44.
7. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2009 Apr;19(2):186-99.
8. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2003 Dec;136(6):585-7.
9. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2004 Jun;14(3):298-307.
10. Phytomedicine. 2000 Oct;7(5):365-71.
11. Adv Ther. 2007 Jul-Aug;24(4):929-39.
12. Rhodiola rosea: a possible plant adaptogen.
13. Effects of chronic Rhodiola Rosea supplementation on sport performance and antioxidant capacity in trained male: preliminary results.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.