The skin is the largest organ in the human body weighing approximately ten pounds and covering an area of about 16 square feet. Our skin protects us from heat, cold, excessive water loss, and pathogens. It also provides us with sensory information about the nature of the external world. The skin is also an excretory organ, removing toxins from the body via perspiration.
The skin, as the outermost barrier of the body, is exposed to various sources of oxidative stress which can negatively affect its appearance, in particular UV-irradiation and environmental toxins such as cigarette smoke, air pollution, etc.1 Cross-linked (glycated) proteins are classic characteristics of apparent skin aging. Cross-linked proteins in the skin result in an unsightly leathery appearance.2
The structure of the skin is supported by collagen, the main constituent of connective tissue. Epidemiological studies strongly indicate an association between tobacco smoking and skin aging.3-7
However, there is good news. Research indicates that we may have more control over the rate at which our skin appears to age than any other organ of the body. To slow the appearance of skin aging, an individual must take a comprehensive approach to managing all the factors that have been identified. The scientific literature now indicates that the daily application of a variety of agents can have a profound effect on the appearance of the skin.8-12 In addition, certain ingestible nutrients have been identified that can help promote healthy looking skin from within.
Aging causes adverse effects to every skin cell in the body,51,52 but commercial body lotions do little more than prevent moisture loss. The Rejuvenex® Body Lotion, on the other hand, provides the best agents known to science to promote healthier looking skin. In addition to moisturizing agents, Rejuvenex® Body Lotion provides:
- Antioxidant vitamins and melatonin
- Ginkgo extract to help protect and soothe
- Topically applied nucleic acids (RNA & DNA) to reduce the ap-pearance of creases
Rejuvenex® Body Lotion offers a myriad of benefits that help improve the appearance of the skin. Yet, it costs less than high-priced commercial products.
Ingredients: Purified water, glycerin, Pyrus malus (apple), saccharides, cetearyl alcohol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, phenoxyethanol, cetyl alcohol, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, polysorbate 60, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, isopropyl palmitate, dimethicone, triethanolamine, carbomer, caprylyl glycol, butylene glycol, potassium sorbate, ethylhexylglycerin, hexylene glycol, Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, Citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil, Santalum album (sandalwood) oil, Camellia oleifera (green tea) leaf extract, Camellia sinensis (white tea) leaf extract, melatonin, urea, tocopherol, Glycine soja (soybean) oil, PEG-23 glyceryl distearate, PEG-12 glyceryl distearate, RNA, sodium hyaluronate, dimethylaminoethanol bitartrate, ascorbyl palmitate.
Dosage and Use:
- Apply daily after bath or shower to hydrate and firm skin, maintaining healthy body epidermis.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. If rash or irritation occurs, discontinue use and contact a physician.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Biogerontology. 2001;2(4):219-29.
2. Pathol Biol (Paris). 2010 Jun;58(3):226-31.
3. Skin Therapy Lett. 2010 Jun;15(6):4-7.
4. Actas Dermosifiliogr. 2008 Apr;99(3):173-84.
5. Int J Dermatol. 2002 Jan;41(1):21-7.
6. J Cutan Med Surg. 2004 Nov-Dec;8(6):415-23.
7. Int J Dermatol. 2002 Jan;41(1):21-7.
8. Br J Dermatol. 2003 Oct;149(4):841-9.
9. Dermatol Surg. 2005 Jul;31(7 Pt 2):814-7; discussion 818.
10. Drug Metab Rev. 2000 Aug-Nov;32(3-4):413-20.
11. Dermatol Ther. 2007 Sep-Oct;20(5):314-21.
12. Aesthet Surg J. 2010 Jan;30(1):74-7.
51. J Drugs Dermatol. 2008 Feb;7(2 Suppl):s12-6.
52. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2001 Oct;26(7):592-9.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.