Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCl), found in conventional supplements, plays a crucial role in numerous life processes. Pyridoxal 5’-phosphate is the metabolically active form of vitamin B6 that has been shown to protect living lipids and proteins against glycation reactions. Aging results in the formation of advanced glycation end products (AGEs) throughout the body.76-79
Sugar (glucose) in the blood can react with proteins and lipids in the body, particularly when blood levels are high. This unwanted reaction causes the formation of AGEs, which accumulate with time and contribute to some of the signs of aging.80,81
Life Extension has previously presented information that high-dose carnosine and benfotiamine can be helpful in preventing AGE formation. The latest information shows that pyridoxal 5’-phosphate may also be of significant help in preventing the formation of these aging molecules. By preventing AGE formation and working as a coenzyme in chemical reactions, pyridoxal 5’-phosphate can support healthy nerve, eye, cardiovascular and kidney function. In addition to this standalone product, Life Extension offers pyridoxal 5’-phosphate in two premier formulations: Life Extension Mix and Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioPQQ.
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule |
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5’-phosphate)||100 mg|
|Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate, silica|
|This product contains NO: milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn or rice. Contains NO sugar, and no artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors or preservatives.|
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Vitamin B6 metabolism in chronic kidney disease–relation to transsulfuration, advanced glycation and cardiovascular disease.
76. J Lipid Res. 2006 May; 47(5): 964-74.
77. Biochem Biophys Acta. 2001 Feb 14;1535(2):110-9.
78. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2005 Jan;16(1):144-50.
79. Life Sci. 1988;43(21):1725-31.
80. Rev Med Interne. 2007 Dec;28(12):832-40.
81. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005 Jun;1043:529-32.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.