Phosphatidylserine is required for normal cellular structure and function. Brain tissues are especially rich in phosphatidylserine (PS), but aging causes a decline in the PS content of cells throughout the body. Research has shown that in addition to improving neural function, PS enhances energy metabolism in all cells, memory, concentration, learning and word choice. In the brain, PS helps maintain cell membrane integrity and youthful synaptic plasticity.1-9 Studies suggested chronic supplementation of phosphatidylserine significantly decreases cortical activity in the brain before and after induced stress, resulting in a more relaxed state.10,11
Sharp-PS® GOLD, fortified with omega-3 fatty acids, delivers PS to the brain to help maintain youthful cognitive function. These unique nutrients have been extensively studied and may be of tremendous benefit for the aging brain.12,13
Consumption of phosphatidylserine may reduce the risk of cognitive dysfunction in the elderly.3,5,10,11 However, the FDA concludes that there is still little scientific evidence supporting this claim.
Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule
Servings Per Container: 100
Amount Per Serving
Sharp-PS Phosphatidylserine (from soybeans)
Other Ingredients: rice flour, vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate, silica. Contains soybeans.
Sharp-PS® is a registered trademark of Enzymotec, Ltd.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Caution: The genisten in soy can interfere with the ability of radiation to kill cancer cells, though there are contradictory studies on this issue. When undergoing treatment for cancer consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
Soybean-Derived Phosphatidylserine Improves Memory Function of the Elderly Japanese Subjects with Memory Complaints
1. Phosphatidylserine: Number One Brain Booster. New Canaan, CT: Keats Plishing; 1998.
2. Sports Med. 2006;36(8):657-69.
3. Altern Med Rev. 2008 Jun;13(2):85-115.
4. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1992;42(4):385-8.
5. Annu Rev Biophys. 2010 Jun 9;39:407-27.
6. Nutrition. 2003 Nov-Dec;19(11-12):957-75.
7. Neurobiol Aging. 2001 Jan-Feb;22(1):9-15.
8. Exp Neurol. 1985 Jul;89(1):213-24.
9. J Neural Transm Suppl. 1987;24:239-45.
10. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2008 Jul 28;5:11.
11. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1992;42(4):385-8.
12. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2010;29(5):467-74
13. Altern Med Rev. 2008 Sep;13(3):245-7.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.