- 250 mg of magnesium and 99 mg of potassium per capsule.
- Extend-release of magnesium may provide greater overall bioavailability.
- May aid in various aspects of cardiovascular health, blood flow in particular.
- 60 vegetarian capsules per container.
Advanced Cardiovascular Nutrition
The sheer complexity and critical importance of the cardiovascular system inevitably leads to a scramble for new dietary and lifestyle choices which provide cardiovascular health benefits. Unfortunately, this is easier said than done. The good news is that extensive research has been done on the effects of certain nutrients and nutrient combinations on cardio health.
Aside from antioxidants, dietary minerals are the most important class of nutrient in regards to the cardiovascular system. This is primarily due to their effects on vasodilation and muscle contractions which are fundamental to healthy blood flow. Of these minerals, magnesium and potassium present an exceptionally productive duo.
Potassium & Magnesium for Cardiovascular Health
Most people are aware of magnesium’s role in blood flow and the cardiovascular system at large. As one review of the clinical literature states: “Every modification of the endogenous magnesium status leads to changes in vascular tonus and, as a consequence, changes in arterial blood pressure.”1 Vascular tonus refers to the low-level of tension and ambient activity in blood vessels which allow for balanced blood flow.
In addition, magnesium may play a supportive role in helping to prevent vascular calcification. Vascular calcification refers to deposits of calcium on the walls of veins and arteries which can greatly inhibit blood flow and present other cardiovascular health risks.2 Magnesium may help to prevent this in certain cases due to its role as a ‘calcium antagonist’.3
Now this brings us to potassium. It turns out that magnesium and potassium are more deeply related than many nutritionists and health experts have initially been aware of – particularly in regards to cardio health! In fact, potassium plays an auxiliary role in many of the functions of magnesium described above. This is due to their mutual roles as intracellular cations (similar to electrolytes) which have a particularly distinct impact on cardiac arrhythmias.4 Life Extension Potassium with Extend-Release Magnesium is one of the highest quality supplements on the market to harness this synergistic cardiovascular support.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.