A plethora of research demonstrates that pomegranate is among nature’s most potent antioxidants, and has potential protective effects toward LDL oxidation. The remarkable effect of pomegranate against various problems, however, lends credence to the possibility that free-radical restraint is only the beginning of what this fruit may be capable of.
An explanation for this is that pomegranate is absorbed into the bloodstream with much greater efficiency than other fruit extracts. One study showed a pomegranate extract to be 95% absorbed, which is much higher than any similar extract containing polyphenol.
Pomegranate Extract Capsules provide the equivalent of up to 12.3 ounces of pomegranate juice (or 24 pomegranates) in one capsule.
Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving
POMELLA® Pomegranate (Punica granatum) Extract (fruit) [std. to 30% Punicalagins (120 mg)]
Pomegranate (Punica granatum) 5:1 Extract (fruit)
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), silica, vegetable stearate, dicalcium phosphate.
This product contains NO: milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, or rice. Contains NO sugar, and no artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
POMELLA® Extract is covered under U.S. Patent 7,638,640 and POMELLA® is a registered trademark of Verdure Sciences, Inc.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Effects of pomegranate juice and extract polyphenols on platelet function.
2. Clin Nutr. 2004 Jun;23(3):423-33.
3. Am J Cardiol. 2005 Sep 15;96(6):810-4.
4. Pomegranate juice: a heart-healthy fruit juice.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.