Benefits of Pomegranate Complete
- Provides powerful natural antioxidants
- Utilizes the antioxidants from not just the pomegranate fruit but the flowers and seeds as well
- Promotes healthy blood flow, improving circulation and cardiovascular health
- Supports heart, kidney, joint, and liver health
- Non GMO, soy free formulation
Studies have shown that pomegranate can increase blood flow, improving circulation. Life Extension Pomegranate Complete combines extracts from the whole fruit, flower and seed oil to augment the antioxidant properties of the fruit. This allows Pomegranate Complete to utilize the health benefits of the entire plant and in turn contain higher concentrations of antioxidants. One soft gel is equivalent to 12.3 oz of juice just from the fruit ingredients, plus the proprietary blend of seed oil and flower extract.
The antioxidants in pomegranate healthy blood flow. In studies, a group of aging humans with risk factors for cardiovascular events ingested pomegranate or a placebo on a daily basis. After 12 months, the mean intima media thickness improved 35% in the pomegranate group, whereas carotid blood flow worsened by 9% in the placebo group.1 Both groups continued taking conventionally prescribed medications throughout the course of the study. In another study on patients with ischemic coronary heart disease, pomegranate or placebo was ingested daily. After only three months, coronary artery blood flow improved by 17% in the pomegranate group, but worsened by 18% in the placebo group.2
Few nutritional sources have gained as much scientific validation as pomegranate.3-20 Until now the vast majority of research has focused on extracts from the fruit alone. Only recently have scientists identified the synergistic action of compounds specific to other parts of the pomegranate – most notably its seeds and flowers. Adding other parts of the pomegranate plant to the fruit supplements boosts the bioactivity and availability of their powerful antioxidants while providing their own additional benefits as well.21
The little-known nutrients in the seeds and flowers of the pomegranate plant include: punicanolic acid, a member of the triterpene family of essential oils that provides cellular support to ease inflammation;22 and a polyphenol compound called pomegranatate, which combats age-related metabolic changes.23
All together, this supplement reduces oxidative stress in the body. This makes it possible for the cells to repair themselves from environmental damage or stress and protect themselves from further damage. Improving health at the cellular level supports overall health as well as reducing the risk of disease, the severity of diseases, inflammation, pain, and cardiovascular trouble.24
This superior formula by Life Extension has been reformulated without soy and to be completely non-GMO. The best supplements are only as good as their ingredients, and so Pomegranate Complete has been made as high quality and universally available as possible.
Serving Size: 1 softgel
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving
POMELLA® pomegranate extract (fruit) [std. to 30% punicalagins]
Proprietary pomegranate blend [flower extract, seed oil) [std. to 22% punicic acid]
Other Ingredients: sunflower oil, gelatin, glycerin, beeswax, purified water, caramel color, sunflower lecithin.
POMELLA® Extract is covered under U.S. Patent 7,638,640 and POMELLA® is a registered trademark of Verdure Sciences, Inc.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one softgel daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. J Ethnopharmacol. 2007 Jan 19;109(2):177-206.
2. J Nutr Biochem. 2008 Dec;19(12):848-55. Epub 2008 May 13.
3. J Agric Food Chem. 2008 Sep 24;56(18):8704-13. Epub 2008 Aug 30.
4. J Endourol. 2008 Dec;22(12):2723-31.
5. Phytother Res. 2009 Jun 5;24(2):182-185. [Epub ahead of print]
6. Exp Dermatol. 2009 Jun;18(6):553-61. Epub 2009 Mar 6.
7. Am J Cardiol. 2009 Oct 1;104(7):936-42.
8. Nutrition. 2009 Sep 15. [Epub ahead of print]
9. Atherosclerosis. 2010 Jan;208(1):119-25. Epub 2009 Sep 6.
10. Integr Cancer Ther. 2009 Sep;8(3):242-53.
11. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2009 Oct 21. [Epub ahead of print]
12. Phytother Res. 2009 Dec 17. [Epub ahead of print]
13. Atherosclerosis. 2006 Aug;187(2):363-71.
14. J Agric Food Chem. 2002 Aug 14;50(17):4791-5.
15. J Agric Food Chem. 2000 Oct;48(10):4581-9.
16. J Agric Food Chem. 2005 (53):6126-32.
17. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2005 Mar;39(2):80-3.
18. Food Chem Toxicol. 2006 Jul;44(7):984-93.
19. Eur J Nutr. 2003 Jan;42(1):18-28.
20. J Inflamm (Lond). 2009;6:1.
21. Altern Med Rev. 2008 Jun;13(2):128-44.
22. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2008 Nov;56(11):1628-31.
23. Fitoterapia. 2006 Dec;77(7-8):534-7.
24. Pomegranate juice consumption reduces oxidative stress, atherogenic modifications to LDL, and platelet aggregation: studies in humans and in atherosclerotic apolipoprotein E-deficient mice.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.