White peony root (see figure 1) has been used to balance the immune cell activity for more than 1,200 years in China.1,2 Modern science determined a part of the extract called paeoniflorin is what is valuable to the immune system.3-5
Life Extension’s Peony Immune supports the balance of both pro-inflammatory and inflammation-supressing cells.3-5 The result of this balance helps maintain a proper immune system response.6-8
The results of clinical trials also suggest Peony Immune White Peony Root Extract have a positive effect on the way the body handles inflammation.6-10 It has been indicated that the root has an analgesic effect and may protect the cells from oxidative stress. It has also been shown to support rheumatoid arthritis.11
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule |
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving|
|White peony extract (root) [providing 252 mg paeoniflorin]||600 mg|
|Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcystalline cellulose, silica, vegetable stearate.|
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule twice daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Caution: If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Front Genet. 2013 Oct 18;4:211.
2. Front Pharmacol. 2011;2:10.
3. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011 Oct 11;137(3):1275-82.
4. Planta Med. 2012 May;78(7):665-71.
5. Int Immunopharmacol. 2007 May;7(5):662-73.
6. Modern Journal of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine. 2009 June;18(18).
7. Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine. 2003;3.
8. Journal of Xinxiang Medical College. 2007;24:295-98.
9. Chinese Journal of Modern Drug Application. 2008;2:64-66.
10. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2007 Jul;27(7): 596-8.
11. Anti-Inflammatory and Immunomodulatory Effects of Paeonia Lactiflora Pall., a Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.