Published studies suggest that a remarkably high percentage of men will endure some form of prostate-induced discomfort over the course of their lifetimes.55,56
Decades of research57,58 substantiate saw palmetto as the gold standard in natural prostate support. Through a novel scientific advance, Life Extension now offers an ultra high-potency formula unlike typical saw palmetto extracts.
The saw palmetto berry (Serenoa repens) is rich in bioactive, high-molecular weight compounds including beta-sitosterol. It has been shown to interfere with activity in the prostate, inhibit alpha-adrenergic receptor activity (to support normal urinary flow), and help regulate inflammatory actions in the prostate gland.15-17
DeepExtract is a patented, ultra-high pressure CO2 technology engineered to recover far greater amounts of bioactive, high-molecular weight fatty acids from the saw palmetto berry during the extraction process. The result is a superior formula containing key ingredients in higher concentrations than many other extracts.20
These naturally occurring substances are left behind by more widely used low-pressure CO2 extraction techniques. DeepExtract ensures the most desirable and complete bioactive extract profile available. The result is a formula that most closely resembles the composition of premium, mature saw palmetto berries.
This saw palmetto extract has been standardized to contain 85% free fatty acids and sterols. It also contains beta-sitosterol, boron, and rosemary leaf extract.
Serving Size: 1 softgel
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving
Saw Palmetto CO2 extract (fruit) [providing 272 mg total fatty acids]
Beta-sitosterol (from pine)
Boron (as Albion® bororganic glycine)
Rosemary extract (leaf)
Other Ingredients: pumpkin seed oil, gelatin, glycerin, sunflower lecithin, purified water, caramel color.
Albion® is a registered trademark of Albion Laboratories, Inc.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one softgel daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
15. Curr Opin Urol. 2005 Jan;15(1):45-8.
16. Am J Chin Med. 2004;32(3):331-8.
17. Public Health Nutr. 2000 Dec;3(4A):459-72.
20. US Plus Corp.Unpublished study.
55. Nat Clin Pract Urol. Oct 2008;5(10):540-549.
56. MMW Fortschr Med. Apr 18 2002;144(16):33-36.
57. Journal of Urology. 2008. 179(6):2119-25.
58. JAMA. 1998. 280(18):1604-9; and Cochrane Database Systems Review. 2002. (3):CD001423.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.