Chromium is now recognized as playing an important role in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels in those within normal levels when used as part of a healthy diet.123-125 This most recent version includes Crominex® 3+ with standardized extract of Indian gooseberry and a proprietary form of the adaptogen shilajit for even greater support of heart health and healthy blood sugar levels already within normal range.
This Crominex® 3+ complex, with standardized extract of Indian gooseberry and a proprietary form of the adaptogen shilajit helps to support normal cellular glucose absorption,110-114 healthy endothelial function,115,116 healthy lipid and triglyceride levels,117-120 and normal cellular energy production.121,122
Chromium is an essential mineral that is not made by the body and must be obtained from the diet. It is widely recognized for its role in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels in those with already normal levels.1
Crominex® 3+ is a new, highly stable and bioavailable form of chromium that is complexed with Capros ®amla (Phyllanthus emblica) and PrimaVie® shilajit. These ingredients help to stabilize and enhance the bioavailability of the chromium.1
Capros® is obtained from Phyllanthus emblica, the superfruit Indian gooseberry using a patented water-based process. Capros® is distinctly different from other commercially available Phyllanthus emblica extracts. The bioactive tannins in Indian gooseberries give Capros® its cascading antioxidant effect, which means that its metabolites have antioxidant properties. The levels of these bioactive tannins are maintained at more than 60 percent, allowing for long-lasting protection.
Shilajit has been shown to help restore and sustain cellular energy. Part of shilajit’s beneficial effects derive from its ability to help the mitochondria convert fats and sugars into adenosine triphosphate, or ATP – the body’s main source of energy.2
Chromium has a positive effect on blood glucose regulation and is needed for insulin to function properly. This chromium complex has excellent delivery of the chromium ion to target sites.
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule |
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving|
|Chromium [as Crominex® 3+ chromium stabilized with Capros® standardized Phyllanthus emblica extract (fruit) and PrimaVie® purified and standardized Shilajit]||500 mcg|
|Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), silica, vegetable stearate.|
Crominex® 3+, Capros® and PrimaVie® are registered trademarks of Natreon, Inc.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Caution: Because this product may lower blood glucose, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product if you are taking blood glucose lowering medication.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
Office of Dietary Supplements: Chromium
1. Intern J Diabetes in Developing Countries, 2009, Accepted for publication.
2. Pharmacology online. 2009; 2:690-698.
110. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 1995 Jun;28(3):179-84.
111. Curr Diab Rep. 2010 Apr;10(2):145-51.
112. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2004 Jan 31;148(5):217-20.
113. Altern Med Rev. 2002 Jun;7(3):218-35.
114. Saudi Med J. 2000 Jan;21(1):45-50.
115. Br J Nutr. 2007 Jun;97(6):1187-95.
116. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2005 Jul;125(7):587-91.
117. J Ethnopharmacol. 2002 Jan;79(1):81-7.
118. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2005 Dec;51(6):413-8.
119. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2007 Feb;127(2):385-8.
120. Indian J Exp Biol. 2001 Aug;39(8):760-6.
121. Indian J Exp Biol. 1997 Mar;35(3):297-9.
122. Phytother Res. 2007 May;21(5):401-5.
123. Proc Nutr Soc. 2004 Feb;63(1):41-7.
124. 10th International Congress of Toxicology-Finland. 2004 July;197:abs. 354.
125. Mol Cell Biochem. 2003 Oct;252(1-2):369-77
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.