Scientists have discovered that the Indian herb ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) counters some of the oxidative damage generated by nervous tension.80 Ashwagandha has been the subject of animal studies and is believed to confer improvements in well-being and a healthy outlook in humans.81,82
In a large clinical trial, ashwagandha reduced levels of the hormone cortisol by up to 26% while maintaining already normal blood sugar levels and lipid profiles.83 Subjects who took the standardized ashwagandha extract reported improvements in energy, sleep and well-being, as well as diminished fatigue.83 Additional research suggests that ashwagandha confers neuroprotection by supporting the regeneration of axons and dendrites, nerve cell components that support brain and nervous system function.84,85
The suggested daily dose provides 250 mg of standardized, patented, non-stimulating Sensoril® Ashwagandha Extract.
DR Vitamin Solutions customers obtain a moderate dose of ashwagandha extract in the Cognitex formula. In response to findings indicating that higher potencies may produce greater benefits, Life Extension has formulated Optimized Ashwagandha Extract.
Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
Sensoril® Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) Extract (root and leaves) [std. to 8% withanolide glycoside conjugates (10 mg) and 32% oligosaccharides (40 mg)]
Other Ingredients: rice flour, vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate, silica. Contains rice.
This product contains NO: milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, or corn. Contains NO sugar, and no artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
Sensoril® is protected under US Patent Nos. 6,153,198 and 6,713,092 and is a registered trademark of Natreon, Inc.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule twice daily on an empty stomach, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Antioxidant effect of dietary supplement Withania somnifera L. reduce blood glucose levels in alloxan-induced diabetic rats.
80. J Agric Food Chem. 2008 Feb 13;56(3):630-5.
81. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2007 Jun;51(6):652-64.
82. J Agric Food Chem. 2006 Dec 13;54(25):9329-39.
83. Br J Nutr. 2010 Apr;103(8):1094-7.
84. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2012 Feb;13(2):94-102.
85. J Agric Food Chem. 2002 May 22;50(11):3122-8.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.