As people age, they become more susceptible to muscle deterioration and a declining immune system.1,2 Fortunately, whey protein can have a positive impact on muscle construction and immunity due to its branched-chain amino acid profile (BCAAs) and naturally occurring lactoferrin and immunoglobins.3-5
Unlike many commercial brands on the market, Wellness Code Whey Protein Concentrate is uniquely derived from grass-fed, free range cows living healthy lives in New Zealand and not treated with growth hormone (rBST).
Life Extension’s Wellness Code Whey Protein Concentrate offers the following:
- Non-GMO whey protein concentrate
- Naturally high levels of essential branched-chain amino acids
- High-quality muscle building protein
- Easily mixes into water or milk
- Great taste! Available in both natural chocolate and natural vanilla flavors.
Due to its ability to help convert cysteine to glutathione, whey protein may have the ability to act as an antioxidant, reduce blood pressure, combat tumors, reduce blood lipid levels, treat viral and bacterial infections, and as a chelating agent. Many trials have indicated that whey protein may support the treatment of cancer, HIV, cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, and hepatitis B.6
|Typical Amino Acid Profile |
(Approximate g per serving):
|Aspartic Acid||2.81 g|
|Glutamic Acid||4.59 g|
|Serving Size: 1 scoop (approx. 32 g) |
Servings Per Container: about 20
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat |
|3 g |
|Total Carbohydrate |
|5 g |
|Other Ingredients: whey protein concentrate, cocoa powder, maltodextrin, sunflower oil powder, gum arabic, natural chocolate flavor, guar gum, stevia extract, xanthan gum.|
Dosage and Use:
- Mix one scoop in approximately 4 to 8 ounces of water, milk or juice (to taste) daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- This product mixes best in room temperature liquid.
- This product contains New Zealand whey protein concentrate from grass fed cows not treated with growth hormone (rBST).
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. J Appl Physiol. 2003. 95(4):1717-27.
2. Curr Genomics. 2012 Dec;13(8):589-602.
3. Available at: http://www.innovatewithdairy.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/Mono_Immunity_0304.pdf. Accessed June 12, 2013.
4. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2011 Nov;14(6):569-80.
5. J Nutr. 2006 Jan;136(1 Suppl):277S-80S.
6. Therapeutic applications of whey protein.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.