Benefits of Mega EPA/DHA
- Provides essential fatty acids EPA and DHA to the body
- Contains twice as much omega-3s as most commercially available fish oil capsules
- Absorbs quickly, easily, and completely
- Supports cardiovascular well being
- Contains natural lemon flavoring for taste
Mega EPA/DHA softgels are a convenient way to take EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) in a concentrated form. The fatty free acid form of omega-3 rich fish oils in Life Extension Mega EPA/DHA allows for optimal absorption.
Fatty acids are essential for life, and the body naturally produces all but two: linoleic acid (LA), an omega-6, and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), an omega-3.1 These fatty acids must be supplied through the diet for the body to maintain proper levels of them, and as a result, they are recognized as essential fatty acids.
Omega-3 fatty acids are found in cold water fish, fish oil, perilla, and flaxseed oils.2 However, these EPA and DHA rich foods are not common in Western diets. Typical Western diets contain an abundant amount of omega-6 fats, which are essential for the body but should not be consumed in excess compared to omega-3 consumption. When both essential fatty acids are consumed in similar amounts the best health effects are seen.3
Research has linked the Mediterranean diet – abundant in omega-3 fatty acids, and the monounsaturated fatty acids like those found in olive oil, vegetables, herbs, and fruits abundant in antioxidants – with decreased cardiovascular risk and improved life span.4-8 Further research lends credence to omega-3’s impact on cardiovascular health.9-10
Mega EPA/DHA softgels provide EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). Molecularly distilled Mega EPA/DHA contains double the EPA and DHA as many “off the shelf” fish oil capsules.
|Serving Size: 2 Softgels |
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Vitamin E (as D-alpha tocopherol)||4 IU|
|Fish Oil Concentrate |
EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid)
DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)
|2000 mg |
|Other Ingredients: highly refined fish oil concentrate(anchovy), fish gelatin (tilapia), glycerin, purified water, natural flavor, mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract.|
Contains fish (tilapia)
Dosage and Use:
- Take two softgels one to three times daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Caution: If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. MedlinePlus: Omega-3 Fats
2. Biomed Pharmacother. 2002 Oct;56(8):365-79.
3. JAMA. 2004 Sep 22;292(12):1440-6.
4. Int J Epidemiol. 1997 Feb;26(1):155-9.
5. N Engl J Med. 2003 Jun 26;348(26):2599-608.
6. Br J Nutr. 2000 Dec;84 Suppl 2:S205-9.
7. Clin Interv Aging. 2008;3(1):97-109.
8. Am J Clin Nutr. 2000 Apr;71(4):987-92.
9. Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2008 Dec;10(6):503-9.
10. J Nutr. 2010 May;140(5):1023-8.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.