Life Extension Magnesium Caps supply one of the body’s most important minerals. It is required as a co-factor in hundreds of enzymatic processes. It helps maintain bone strength, muscle, heart, and nerve function, and also supports a healthy immune system.
The body needs few minerals to the extent that it depends on magnesium. It is needed as a co-factor in copious enzymatic operations within cells.16 Magnesium lends a hand to a vast array of processes and functions throughout the body.
A myriad of Americans refrain from including optimal amounts of magnesium in their diets.75 When a diet is supported by magnesium, it has long-term benefits that include controlling healthy blood pressure levels already within healthy range.76,77
Magnesium plays a significant role in calming the gentle muscles within the blood vessels, resulting in decreased external vascular opposition and supporting a healthy cardiovascular system.19-21 Magnesium also influences distributing levels of norepinephrine and the fusion of serotonin and nitric oxide.22-24
Magnesium favorably affects the bone mineral matrix and its capacity to metabolize minerals essential for mending and reconstruction.25,26 Experimental research lists the need for a vast array of minerals, including calcium and magnesium, that are essential to supporting strong, healthy bones.
Additionally, compelling data shows that dietary magnesium consumption and supplementation enhances the metabolic profile.78 Magnesium has been demonstrated to favorably influence insulin opposition, serum lipid profiles, inflammation, endothelial dysfunction, oxidative stress and platelet aggregability.79 Because magnesium is cost effective, people everywhere would benefit if we chose to supplement with at least 500 mg of magnesium on a daily basis.
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule |
Servings Per Container: 100
|Amount Per Serving|
|Magnesium (as magnesium oxide, citrate, succinate)||500 mg|
|Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, silica, stearic acid|
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule one to three times daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Caution: If taken in high doses, magnesium may have a laxative effect. If this occurs, divide dosing, reduce intake, or discontinue product.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. MedlinePlus: Magnesium in diet
2. Office of Dietary Supplements: Magnesium
16. Rude RK. 1996 Magnesium homeostasis. In: Bilezikian JP, Raisz LG, Rodan GA, eds. Principles of bone biology, chapt 21. San Diego: Academic Press; 277–293.
19. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2011 Nov;13(11):843-7.
20. Br J Sports Med. 2006 Sep;40(9):773-8.
21. Congest Heart Fail. 2006 Jan-Feb;12(1):9-13
22. Hypertension. 2004 Dec;44(6):897-902.
23. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2009 Mar 17;33(2):235-42.
24. Amino Acids. 2002 Jun;22(4):381-9.
25. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Aug;83(8):2742-8.
26. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2010 Feb;133(2):136-43.
75. J Nutr. 2003 Sep;133(9):2879-82.
76. J Hypertens. 2008 Jan;26(1):44-52.
77. Magnes Res. 2007 Sep;20(3):196-9.
78. Magnes Res. 2007 Jun;20(2):107-29.
79. Curr Opin Lipidol. 2008 Feb;19(1):50-6.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.