While purple tea is less well known than its green and black counterparts, it is every bit as delicious and even more nutritious! Grown at high elevation, these Kenyan purple tea plants must produce larger amounts of antioxidant compounds to protect themselves from the higher intensity of UV rays. This combined with cutting-edge PhytoClean™ technology helps these Life Extension Kenyan Purple Tea Crystals to create one of the most antioxidant-rich beverages on the planet. Just add hot water and stir!
- Made from uniquely antioxidant-rich purple Kenyan Camellia Sinensis plants.
- This all-natural product is responsibly and expertly harvested from the Emrok farm in Kenya.
- PhytoClean™ technology uses pure, clean water to create a crystallization of purple tea leaves which better preserves their natural polyphenol content.
- Two to three times the polyphenol content of Lipton® and Tetley® green tea bags.
- Contains 10-30 mg of caffeine per 1g serving.
- Catechins, polyphenols, and caffeine aid in natural metabolic processes and other processes which support healthy weight loss.
Understanding Purple Tea and its Nutritional Benefits
Tea, the most popular beverage on the planet aside from water, is essentially the product of one single species of plant. Camellia Sinensis is an evergreen shrub which is native to eastern and southeastern Asia, but is now cultivated in tropical climates the world over. Green, black, white, and even purple varieties of tea represent different strains and preparations of the Camellia Sinensis plant.
Purple tea is a very rare and particularly nutritious variety of tea which is most commonly made from Kenyan Camellia Sinensis plants which are grown at exceptionally high elevations (4,500 – 7,500 feet!). At such an elevation, the plants are faced with much higher intensity of UV rays. In order to protect themselves from this potential damage, they must produce antioxidant compounds at accelerated rates. In fact, the purple coloration is a result of the antioxidant pigment, anthocyanin – the same antioxidant which gives blueberries their color and nutritional value. This antioxidant content, in combination with polyphenols, Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) and other catechins which are found in all varieties of tea, makes Kenyan Purple Tea one of the most naturally antioxidant-rich beverages available on the planet.
As if there weren’t enough reasons to love purple tea, it is also the one and only food source of a uniquely powerful polyphenol which is known as GHG. This special polyphenol has shown impressive results in clinical studies regarding its ability to support healthy weight loss by aiding in hepatic lipid metabolizing processes.1
Serving Size: 1 Stick Pack
Servings Per Container: 14
Amount Per Serving
Purple Tea (Camellia sinensis) extract [std. to 30% polyphenols]
PhytoClean™ is a trademark of Mazza Innovation Ltd.
Dosage and Use:
- Pour 8 oz. of hot water over 1 Stick Pack of crystals.
- May add natural sweetener to taste.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.