Life Extension Iron Protein Plus is a highly absorbable form of iron that may result in less stomach irritation. 1
Iron is an integral part of many proteins and enzymes that maintain good health. In humans, iron is an essential component of proteins involved in oxygen transport. It is also essential for the regulation of cell growth and differentiation. A deficiency of iron limits oxygen delivery to cells, resulting in fatigue, poor work performance, and decreased immunity. Conversely, excess amounts of iron can result in toxicity and even death.160-162
Additonal iron deficiency symptoms include:
- Body temperature fluctuations1
- Glossitis (an inflamed tongue)1
Supplementation with iron protein succinylate has been shown to:
- Promote healthy red blood cell formation.163-165
- Support healthy oxygen-carrying capacity of blood (hemoglobin).163-165
Iron protein succinylate is a highly absorbable form of iron and is easier on the stomach than other forms of iron.166,167 Iron protein succinylate is a non-toxic iron compound.
|Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings Per Container: 100
|Amount Per Serving|
|Iron [from IronAid® Iron Protein Succinylate (300 mg)]||15 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, silica, stearic acid . Contains milk.|
IronAid® is a registered trademark of Chemi Nutra, U.S. Trademark Reg. No. 2680178.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Caution: Do not take this product unless you are truly deficient in iron. Excess iron may cause increased oxidation leading to inflammation. Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Office of Dietary Supplements: Iron
160. Biochem Cell Biol. 2002;80(5):679-89. Review.
161. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2008 Jun;10(6):997-1030. Review.
162. Trends Cell Biol. 2007 Feb;17(2):93-100.
163. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1998 Jun;36(6):320-5.
164. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther Toxicol. 1993 Apr;31(4):157-69.
165. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther Toxicol. 1993 Mar;31(3):103-23.
166. J Int Med Res. 1987 Nov-Dec;15(6):379-82.
167. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther Toxicol. 1993 Jan;31(1):40-51
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.