Benefits of Immune Senescence Protection Formula
- Supports a balanced and healthy immune system.
- Helps to boost the production of naive T cells and combat senescence.
- Reishi supports anti-cancer effects alone or in combination with chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
- A dual-extract formulation for year-round immune support.
- Helps to combat the aging process.
As the human body ages, the immune system tends to decline, making us more susceptible to colds, viruses, bacteria, and disease. To keep a healthy and robust immune system, there must be a fine balance within the production of naive T cells and memory T cells. The naive T cells are the first cells to attack a new and foreign invader. Once they have attacked the new invader they become a memory T cell, which only attacks what it remembers.1 We need a healthy balance of the two types of T cells, in order to protect the body from new threats and to maintain immunity from old threats. As we age, the naive T cells lower their production, offsetting the balance and leaving us with a gap in protection from new threats.
Immune Senescence Protection Formula is an innovative dual-mechanism formula designed to support both the naive T cells, and the memory T cells in order to increase overall immunity and health.2 It supports the production of naive T cells while helping to support apoptosis to keep memory T cells from building up throwing off the balance.
Immune Senescence has been reformulated so that it now provides three potent ingredients designed to work in a complementary fashion to help rebalance the major arms of the aging immune system. It now includes Pu-Erh tea extract—providing additional and unique protection for the aging immune system!
Pu-Erh Tea – The cultivation of Pu-Erh tea began over 2,000 years ago and was historically consumed by emperors to provide them with longevity. Pu-Erh tea is rich in polyphenols and other bioactive molecules, including theabrownins, a unique group of compounds developed during the post-fermentation process.3 Modern science has shown that Pu-Erh tea extract may support healthy bone marrow function, which helps to rebuild the peripheral immune cellular components.4 Studies have demonstrated that Pu-Erh tea extract supports immune balance by decreasing stimulatory IL-6 immune cells by a remarkable 43%, as well as increasing natural killer (NK) cells by 7% and naïve T-cells by 10%.4
Cistanche – Cistanche helps to rejuvenate the immune system by stimulating the development of naive T cells and helping to create a more youthful and healthy immune response. Studies have shown significant improvements in immune factors and an increase in natural killer cells after 12 weeks of supplementation.
Reishi – Genus Ganoderma, or commonly known as Lingzhi or Reishi, has been used in Asia for centuries as an anti-cancer treatment.7 Some call it the mushroom of immortality. It has been shown to effect cancer cells when used alone, or combination with other cancer treatments such as radiotherapy and chemotherapy.8,9 It supports apoptosis, which is the natural life and death cycle of cells. When cells do not die off as they are designed to, they can become mutants which in turn can lead to tumor growths and cancer.10
|Serving Size: 2 vegetarian tablets |
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calcium (as calcium carbonate)||175 mg|
|Reishi mushroom extract (fruit body) [std. to 13.5% polysaccharides, 6% triterpenes]||980 mg|
|Pu-erh tea extract (leaf) [providing polyphenols, theabrownin]||650 mg|
|Cistanche tubulosa extract (stem and leaf) [std. to 22% echinacosides]||210 mg|
|Shell-broken reishi mushroom (spore)||150 mg|
|Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, starch, croscarmellose sodium, stearic acid, aqueous film coating (hypromellose, glycerin, purified water), hydroxypropyl cellulose, maltodextrin, silica, vegetable stearate.|
Dosage and Use:
- Take two (2) capsules daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Each serving contains approximately 32.5 mg of caffeine (the amount found in about a 3/4 cup brewed green tea).
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Reishi Mushrooms and Cancer Therapy
2. How Reishi Combats Aging
3. Available at: https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/publication/biology-aging/ immune-system-can-your-immune-system-still-defend-you-you-age . Accessed September 25, 2014.
4. Immunity. 2008 Dec 19;29(6):848-62.
5. Evid-Based Compl Alt. 2014;2014: 601383.
6. Anti-Aging Medicine. 2011;8(2):7-14.
7. Am J Chin Med. 2011;39(1):15-27.
8. Available at: http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/immune_disorders/ biology_of_the_immune_system/overview_of_the_immune_system.html . Accessed September 25, 2014.
9. Immunol Lett. 2002;83(3):163-9.
10. Am-Euras. J. Bot. 2008;1(3):107-11.
11. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010 Dec 15;18(24):8583-91.
12. Front Pharmacol. 2012;3:135.
13. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2011;13(5):441-8.
14. FASEB J. 2011;25:601.2.
15. Immun Ageing. 2010;7:7.
16. Immun Ageing. 2012 Jul 25;9(1):15.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.