Life Extension HepatoPro contains Polyunsaturated Phosphatidylcholine PPC which may help support cardiovascular health, neurologic support, maintain membrane fluidity, hepatocyte protection, gastric mucosal protection from NSAIDS damage, boost immune system, protect against opportunistic infections, and improve physical performance.
The liver is a large glandular organ, whose functions include decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, hormone production, secretion of bile, and conversion of sugars into glycogen, which it stores. The liver is also responsible for processing many vitamins and nutrients into a form that can be utilized by the body, as well as detoxification of various substances. Modern living involves daily exposure to substances that are toxic to our bodies, which imposes a heavy load on the liver. Therefore, a healthy liver is critical to well-being. Certain lifestyle risks and medical conditions make it all the more important to ensure that the liver is being maintained at its functional best.
Endogenous phospholipid is an integral part of all cell membranes and essential for their structural and functional integrity. The chemical structure of an extract from soybeans called PPC (poly-enylphosphatidylcholine) corresponds to that of endogenous phospholipid and integrates in the cell membrane, becoming the cell’s constitutive element. PPC possesses functional superiority because of its content of unsaturated fatty acids.23 PPC has antioxidant, cytoprotective, and fluid-regulating effects and has been shown to enhance cell membrane function throughout the body.24
It is believed that PPC’s beneficial effect is based on its ability to be incorporated into liver cell membranes to help restore its structure and the functioning of corresponding enzymes.23-25 This results in an increase in membrane fluidity and transport activity across the membrane.
PPC also has strong antioxidant properties, which means it may reduce oxidative stress (cellular changes that generate free radicals), may help protect the liver by modulating its immune response.
PPC is also incorporated into blood lipoproteins, helping to extend its benefits beyond the liver to promote arterial health.
Mounting evidence suggests that PPC supplementation beneficially supports the critical process of reverse cholesterol transport. This process is a well-documented function of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) that involves the transport of cholesterol from the arterial walls to the liver for processing.26,27
Research also supports PPC’s critical role in helping to reduce LDL oxidation.28,29 In fact, a growing body of research shows that PPC can help maintain healthy lipoprotein profiles in those already within normal range.30
HepatoPro contains PPC (polyenylphosphatidylcholine). Each 900-mg PPC softgel is well-absorbed when taken orally and has no known contraindications, side effects, or drug interactions.
Serving Size: 1 softgel
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
Polyenylphosphatidylcholine [Unsaturated phosphatidylcholine from highly purified soy bean (Glycine max) extract]
Other Ingredients: gelatin, glycerin, safflower oil, ethanol, purified water, sunflower glycerides. Contains soybeans.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one softgel two to three times daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Use of polyunsaturated phosphatidyl choline in HBsAg negative chronic active hepatitis: results of prospective double-blind controlled trial.
2. Polyunsaturated phosphatidylcholine protects against wound contraction in experimental skin burn injury.
23. Bosn J Basic Med Sci. 2005 Aug;5(3):63-8.
24. Pharmacol Rep. 2011;63(3):643-59.
25. Alcohol Alcohol. 2003 May-Jun;38(3):208-12.
26. Life Sci. 1997;61(19):1907-14.
27. Atherosclerosis. 1981 Jul;39(4):527−42.
28. Atherosclerosis. 2000 Sep;152(1):89–95.
29. J Hepatol. 2009 Jun;50(6):1236-46.
30. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 1995 Dec;9(6):779–84.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.