Research suggests the combination of glucosamine sulfate and chondroitin sulfate help support certain types of arthritis. Evidence points to their ability to rebuild the cartilage and slow its destruction which lessens pain and increases mobility.
Glucosamine and chondroitin have been shown in clinical studies to support healthy cartilage and joint function.76-78 As a component of cartilage, glucosamine is key for joint function and repair.79-83 Our bodies produce a certain amount, but as we grow older, we lose the capacity to make enough. This leads to drying of the cartilage in areas such as the knees, hips, and hands, which in turn causes the cartilage to harden. With this comes joint discomfort and stiffness.
Like glucosamine, chondroitin is another major component of cartilage and attracts fluid and helps stimulate the production of cartilage.84 Chondroitin acts as a carrier of liquid nutrient to the joints, thus supporting healthy fluid balance and joint movement and mobility.
Life Extension’s Glucosamine/Chondroitin Caps are the highest quality supplement available on the market today. This combination uses only high-quality sources, yet is priced lower than products of comparable potency sold by commercial companies.
There have been numerous clinical studies that have demonstrated that the combination of glucosamine sulfate and chondroitin sulfate may stimulate the rebuilding of cartilage and may delay the destruction of cartilage. This leads to less pain and increased mobility.1-3
|Serving Size: 1 capsule |
Servings Per Container: 100
|Amount Per Serving|
|Glucosamine sulfate (from 544 mg Glucosamine sulfate 2KCl)||400 mg|
|Chondroitin sulfate (from 500 mg Chondroitin sulfate sodium)||450 mg|
|Other Ingredients: gelatin, vegetable stearate. Contains crustacean shellfish (shrimp, crab).|
|This product contains NO: milk, egg, fish, peanuts, soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, or rice. Contains NO sugar, and no artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors or preservatives.|
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule one to eight times daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Effects of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate on Cartilage Metabolism in OA: Outlook on Other Nutrient Partners Especially Omega-3 Fatty Acids
2. MedlinePlus: Glucosamine sulfate
3. MedlinePlus: Chondroitin sulfate
76. Arthritis Res Ther. 2007;9(6):R117.
77. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2007 Jun;4(2):219-24.
78. N Engl J Med. 2006 Feb 23;354(8):795-808.
79. Eksp Klin Farmakol. 2002 Nov-Dec;65(6):67-9.
80. Fortschr Med. 1980 Jun 5;98(21):801-6.
81. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2003 Jun;11(6):424-32.
82. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 1998 Nov;6(6):427-34.
83. Rheumatol Int. 2007 Jan;27(3):213-8.
84. ArthritisRheum. 2007 Feb;56(2):555-67.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.