Benefits of FlorAssist Throat Health
- Promotes healthy bacterial balance in the throat
- Fights and prevents infections
- Relieves inflammation
- Acts locally and without any side effects
- Naturally flavored
Florassist Throat Health is an oral probiotic that provides beneficial bacteria to colonize the throat and control harmful, unwanted bacteria.1-3 Infections and inflammation can occur in the throat when harmful bacteria is allowed to grow unhindered.
Doctors often prescribe antibiotics to fight throat infections, but antibiotics effect the whole body and kill both good and bad bacterias completely. When the antibiotic treatment is finished the body is left with no bacteria, leaving room for the unhealthy strains to grow in excess all over again.
Probiotics like Floarassist work differently, instead of killing off all the bacteria they promote the growth and health of good bacteria strains so they can better do their natural job of preventing unhealthy bacteria and infections. Just one lozenge of Floarassist Throat Health contains 20 mg of BLIS K12TM, a proprietary probiotic of specific oral bacteria known as S. salivarius K12, which delivers 2 billion colony-forming units directly to the throat and no where else.3
These organisms survive naturally in the throat, they do not colonize other systems in the body. This maximizes their potential to promote throat health, all the healthy bacteria in the lozenges stay in the throat and begin to restore balance. As the probiotic presence reduces the unfavorable organisms inflammation will reduce and the infection will subside.
Florassist Throat Health can only deliver the healthy bacteria to the throat via a lozenge, as any swallow-able tablet would go to the stomach and need to be digested, from which the organisms would not be able to be transferred back to the throat. To make it as palatable as possible, it is naturally flavored with spearmint and cherry. And because this strain acts locally in the throat, S. salivarius K12 produces none of the problems related to systemic antibiotics and won’t interfere with the microflora balance of any of the body’s other systems.5
When the body is free of infections it can better maintain good health, and when the throat is free of harmful bacteria it experiences less inflammation and improved total throat health.6,7 Florassist Throat Health does all of this and works as simply as dissolving a lozenge.4
Serving Size: 1 lozenge
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving
BLIS K12® S. salivarius K12 (providing 2 billion CFU†)
Other Ingredients: xylitol, mannitol, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, natural spearmint and cherry flavors, silica, croscarmellose sodium.
†Colony Forming Units at time of manufacture.
BLIS K12® is the registered trademark of BLIS Technologies Limited.
Dosage and Use:
- Dissolve one (1) lozenge in mouth daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Oral Microbiol Immunol. 2009 Apr;24(2):152-61.
2. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006 Feb;72(2):1459-66.
3. Revista de Microbiologia. 1999;22(30):332-4.
4. Drug Health Patient Saf. 2014;6:15-20.
5. Microbiol Mol Biol Rev. 2015 Jun;79(2):171-91.
6. Di pierro F, Donato G, Fomia F, et al. Preliminary pediatric clinical evaluation of the oral probiotic Streptococcus salivarius K12 in preventing recurrent pharyngitis and/or tonsillitis caused by Streptococcus pyogenes and recurrent acute otitis media. Int J Gen Med. 2012;5:991-7.
7. Masdea L, Kulik EM, Hauser-gerspach I, Ramseier AM, Filippi A, Waltimo T. Antimicrobial activity of Streptococcus salivarius K12 on bacteria involved in oral malodour. Arch Oral Biol. 2012;57(8):1041-7.
8. Guglielmetti S, Taverniti V, Minuzzo M, et al. Oral bacteria as potential probiotics for the pharyngeal mucosa. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76(12):3948-58.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.