Whoever first said “go with you gut” probably didn’t realize just how important gut health can be for a variety of bodily systems and functions. Prebiotics are plant-based substances which are more bioavailable than probiotics and support the health of “good bacteria” in the gut. Florassist Prebiotic Chewables from Life Extension are designed for maximum gut flora support.
- Features PreticX™ Prebiotic Fiber containing 1000 mg of xylooligosaccharides per serving
- Supports the health and proliferation of “good bacteria” in the lower intestines
- More resilient to digestive processes than probiotic formulations
- Can be taken in combination with probiotics for optimal gut flora support
- Gut health is tied to cognitive function, immune response, digestive function, and even cardiovascular health
- Prebiotic fiber also fills the nutritional role of standard dietary fiber
- Delicious Strawberry flavored chewables
Benefits of a Healthy Gut
If you think that all forms of bacteria are harmful to the body, then odds are you’ve been neglecting the health of “good bacteria” in the lower intestines, also known as gut flora. Bifidobacteria and other forms of “good bacteria” are among the most underrated proponents of a healthy body and mind.
The gut is sometimes referred to as the “second brain”. This is because recent studies seem to indicate that gut microbes have a tremendous impact on the health and function of the brain.The notion that the brain and its cognitive functions are largely separate from the rest of the body is steadily becoming an outdated one. The largest body of evidence in this area seems to suggest that gut microbes are particularly involved in the brain’s response to stress. Therefore, maintaining healthy gut flora may be a very helpful choice for those who struggle with mood, stress, or anxiety regulation.1
Gut health is also thought to be tied to the healthy function of the immune system, the digestive system, and even the cardiovascular system. Whoever first said “go with your gut” probably didn’t realize just how correct they really were!
Prebiotics v.s. Probiotics for Gut Health Support
Those who are familiar with the importance of a healthy gut are likely to be familiar with probiotics as a means of supporting gut flora. This is valid, and Life Extension’s FLORASSIST Probiotic formula comes highly recommended. However, it is less widely-known that prebiotics are equally important for nurturing one’s overall gut health.
While probiotic supplements contain a variety of “good bacteria” like Bifidobacterium lactis, and Lactobacillus acidophilus, Prebiotics are plant-based fibers which have been shown nourish and encourage growth in gut flora.2 This supplement features PreticX™ Prebiotic Fiber which is high in xylooligosaccharides – a substance which has been shown to be particularly supportive of healthy Bifidobacteria in the lower intestines.3
Probiotics are intended to support gut flora simply by adding more of these “good bacteria” to the mix. However, these same bacteria tend to be very unstable, and are easily rendered useless in the digestive tract before they even reach the lower intestines. For this purpose, prebiotics which are more resilient to digestive processes may be even more capable of improving the quantity and quality of gut flora in certain recipients. Those who have struggled with their gut health, even after trying probiotic supplements, may find the support they need in prebiotic supplementation.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.