Benefits of FlorAssist® Mood Improve
- Utilizes probiotics to support positive mood
- Provides three billion colony forming units of healthy bacteria per serving
- Supports relaxation
- Aids in proper signalling between the digestive tract and nervous system
Recent research has revealed the connection between digestive health and psychological well being.1 The digestive system sends and receives signals to and from the nervous system, meaning that a problem with either can lead to problems occurring in the other. Life Extension has created FlorAssist Mood Improve to utilize the digestive system’s role in promoting mental health.
Probiotic supplements contain the beneficial strains of bacteria the digestive system uses to function at its best. FlorAssist Mood Improve is comprised of two specific strains which have been linked to improved mood, reduced stress, and increased relaxation when present in the body. These strains are Lactobacillus helveticus strain R0052 and Bifidobacterium longum strain R0175.2
Our mental well being is effected by more than just our thoughts. The chemicals and receptors in the brain play a part in what we feel and when we feel it. When the wrong signals are sent or not enough of a chemical is produced it leads to chronic psychological problems. These range from negative moods to anxiety to depression and can occur alone or together depending on the person.2 Most supplements supporting stress and mood focus on the brain and chemicals but do not address the digestive problems that can cause the brain to not perform at its best.
Without the proper balance of healthy bacteria in the gut, unhealthy bacteria will flourish and the body will not be able to break down foods into nutrients or transport them to where they are needed. This disrupts the signals sent between the digestive tract and brain, leading to stress and foul moods often without the physical discomfort that would alert a person to their being a digestive problem.3
FlorAssist Mood Improve replenishes the healthy bacteria in the gut, particularly those that help with proper neurological signalling and function. The probiotics in this supplement populate the digestive tract and reduce the ability for unhealthy bacteria strains to overgrow.
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule |
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving|
|Mood Probiotic Blend |
(3 Billion CFU†)
Lactobacillus helveticus Rosell-52 ME^
Bifidobacterium longum Rosell-175 ME^
|Saffron extract (stigma) [std. to 2% safranal; 11% crocins]||30 mg|
|Other Ingredients: potato starch, vegetable oil powder, vegetable cellulose (capsule), maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable stearate, ascorbic acid.|
|Contains milk, soybeans.|
†Colony Forming Units at time of manufacture.
^ME refers to a patented microencasulation process that protects the probiotics for enhanced stability.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsules daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Cell. 2015 Sep 24;163:258.
2. Gut Microbes. 2011 Jul-Aug;2(4):256-61.
3. Br J Nutr. 2011 Mar;105(5):755-64.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.