Benefits of FlorAssist Immune & Nasal Defense
- Promotes healthy immune cell activity
- Encourages production of secretory IgA
- Helps maintain nasal airflow
Florassist Immune & Nasal defense is gluten free, non-GMO support for a healthy immune response.
Doctors often prescribe antibiotics to fight throat infections, but antibiotics effect the whole body and kill both good and bad bacteria completely. When the antibiotic treatment is finished the body is left with no bacteria, leaving room for the unhealthy strains to grow in excess all over again.
Probiotics like Floarassist work differently, instead of killing off all the bacteria they promote the growth and health of good bacteria strains so they can better do their natural job of preventing unhealthy bacteria and infections.
EpiCor® is a fermentate of S. cerevisiae, an organism more commonly known as brewer’s yeast. Discovered serendipitously, EpiCor® has now been the subject of a half-dozen clinical studies. EpiCor® helps promote the body’s healthy immune response (what your immune system is there for). Interestingly enough, EpiCor® also helps your immune system when it comes to harmless things in your environment, such as pollen.
In one study, subjects took either 500 mg of EpiCor® a day or a placebo for five weeks. Subjects in the EpiCor® group who normally experienced an immune response to changes in their environment reported none of those same effects while taking EpiCor®.1 In two other studies, subjects receiving EpiCor® reported lessened duration and response to immune challenge compared to placebo.2,3
EpiCor® appears to work by promoting natural killer cell activity as well as the production of secretory IgA—two little-known but absolutely essential parts of your body’s immune defenses. In one study, subjects taking 500 mg of EpiCor® a day for 8 weeks saw an increase in secretory IgA.1 In another study, EpiCor® increased markers of natural killer cell activity—after just a single 500 mg dose.4
Lactobacillus rhamnosus CRL1505 is a special probiotic strain isolated from goat’s milk. Discovered in northwestern Argentina, L. rhamnosus CRL1505 helps encourage a healthy immune response—so much so that it is currently given to over 300,000 school children every year in Argentina for this reason.5,6
In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial involving hundreds of Argentinian school children, subjects receiving L. rhamnosus 5 days a week for 6 months had nearly fifty-percent less recorded instances of immune challenge compared to those taking a placebo. This same study found that the L. rhamnosus group also had 47% higher levels of secretory IgA, which supports a healthy immune response.5
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule |
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving|
|EpiCor®-Dried fermentate |
(from Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
|Lactobacillus rhamnosus CRL-1505 |
[providing 100 million CFU†] )
|Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, corn starch, silica, stearic acid.|
†Colony Forming Units at time of manufacture.
BLIS K12® is the registered trademark of BLIS Technologies Limited.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one (1) capsule daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
- The Open Nutrition Journal. 2008;2(1)
- Urol Nurs. 2008;28(1):50-55.
- Journal of alternative and complementary medicine (New York, NY). 2010;16(2):213-218.
- Journal of medicinal food. 2011;14(9):1002-1010.
- Int J Biotechnol Wellness Industr. 2012; 1:189-198.
- Beneficial Microbes. 2018;9(5):707-715.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.