Benefits of Life Extension FlorAssist Heart Health Probiotic
- Supports Digestive Health
- Helps to Support Healthy Cholesterol Levels
- Helps to Control Bad Bacteria in the Gut
- Helps to Assist Overall Immunity
- Supports Urogenital Health
FlorAssist contains a novel probiotic (Lactobacillus reuteri 30242) which has been shown in clinical studies to support healthy cholesterol in adults already within the normal range. Not only does it help with cholesterol but L. reuteri 30242 has been shown to safely support healthy CRP (a marker for inflammation), fibrinogen (involved in clot formation), apoB-100 (a marker for LDL particle size, a known cardiovascular risk factor), and vitamin D levels (important for cardiovascular health) for those within normal range.3,4,5
Probiotics help to control bacteria within the digestive tract by adding in beneficial “good” bacteria that keeps the “bad” bacteria from taking over and causing intestinal distress or even disease.
Probiotics are found in a healthy gut. An estimated 100 trillion microorganisms representing 500 different species inhabit a healthy bowel. After the use of antibiotics the body loses the majority of the healthy “good” bacteria which has been killed off along with the “bad” bacteria. This disrupts the happy balance of healthy and comfortable digestion along with the body’s overall immune response to food borne illness and other disease or bacteria.1,2
Probiotics can aid in the health of the urogenital area. Much like the intestinal tract, the vagina contains a balance of microflora that can be disrupted by antibiotics, spermicides, and birth control pills or other medications. Lactobacilli strains that are present in the vagina help to keep the ph acidic which is what keeps harmful bacteria at bay. 2
Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian Capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
FlorAssist Lactobacillus reuteri (NCIMB 30242)
Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, capsule (hypromellose, gellan gum), silica, vegetable stearate.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one (1) capsule twice daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating
1. What are Probiotics?
2. Health Benefits of Taking Probiotics
3. Br J Nutr. 2012 May;107(10):1505-13.
4. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2012 Nov;66(11):1234-41.
5. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013 Jul;98(7):2944-51.
Due to license restrictions, this product is not for sale in the UAE, Jordan, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Yemen, Libya, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.