FlorAssist by Life Extension is a probiotic consisting of 15 billion colony forming bacterial units, which target the small intestine and help to combat harmful bacteria. A healthy balance of good-bad bacteria is essential for overall health and wellness.
Studies have shown that probiotics, such as FlorAssist, may be highly beneficial in digestive problems and intestinal health. In one study, it was determined that children suffering from severe diarrhea may have their illness shortened by 24-30 hours by taking probiotics.14
FlorAssist is acid resistant, and features dual-encapsulation technology, triumphing over obstacles that other probiotics face, and ensuring that the capsule reaches its target, the small intestine.
Other probiotics opt to include a single bacterial type, however studies show that it is more beneficial to take several different types of bacteria to better fight harmful bacteria. FlorAssist provides six different bacterial types. including:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus LA-14
- Bifidobacterium lactis BL-04
- Lactobacillus paracasei LPC-37
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus LR-32
- Bifidobacterium bifidum/lactis BB-02
- Bifidobacterium longum BL-05
These powerful bacteria attach to the soft lining of the intestinal tract, and aid to sustain a healthy surface, and help to assist the digestive system.
Serving Size: 1 Liquid Vegetarian Capsule
Servings Per Container: 30
FlorAssist™ Proprietary Probiotic Blend
Lactobacillus acidophilus LA-14; Bifidobacterium lactis BL-04; L. paracasei LPC-37; L. rhamnosus LR-32; B. bifidum/lactis BB-02; B. longum BL-05
15 Billion CFU*
Other Ingredients: glycerin, vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, silica, vegetable stearate, chlorophyllin color.
*Colony Forming Units at time of manufacture. Non-GMO.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Caution: Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2013 Feb;67(2):161-7.
2. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 2013;358:273-89.
3. Br J Nutr. 2013 May 28;109(10):1866-72.
4. Nutr Hosp. 2011 Jan-Feb;26(1):228-35.
5. Eur J Cancer Prev. 2013 Jan;22(1):46-51.
6. Pediatr Int. 2012 Oct;54(5):682-7.
7. Cell Metab. 2013 Jun 4;17(6):883-94.
8. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2013 Feb; 27(1):73-83.
9. Gastroenterol Res Pract. 2012;2012:872716.
10. Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2010 Jan;26(1):5-11.
11. Pharmacol Res. 2013 Mar;69(1):144-55.
12. Microbiology. 2007 Oct;153(Pt 10):3563-71.
13. Anaerobe. 2012 Aug;18(4):405-13.
14. When Can Probiotics Help?
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.