Vitamin C efficacy can be limited because it is quickly utilized and excreted by the body.1 A novel formula sets a new standard for rapid absorption, enhancing the time that vitamin C is delivered for cellular protection.
In two human trials at a distinguished research center, FAST-C® was compared head-to-head with a leading premium brand of “enhanced absorption” vitamin C.2,3 Their findings validate that FAST-C® has faster absorption – and without greater excretion.
Vitamin C neutralizes free radicals,4-7 supports biosynthesis of certain neurotransmitters,8,9 and promotes production of vital tissue (collagen) that supports arterial walls, skin, and bones.7-9 Vitamin C promotes immunity,7,10 boosts lymphocyte glutathione levels,11 and helps regenerate other antioxidants, including vitamin E.12
But because it leaves the body quickly,1 capturing vitamin C’s optimal benefits has required taking supplements several times daily, hoping they’ll be effective without posing a risk for acid-sensitive stomachs. The scientific community has long sought faster-absorbing vitamin C formulas.
A leading brand of “enhanced” vitamin C has been promoted claiming to increase vitamin C bioavailability. A published study in a top nutritional sciences journal found no difference in absorption speed, blood vitamin C increase, or urinary excretion between that product and ascorbic acid (vitamin C).13
The good news? A next-generation FAST-C® supplement has been proven in double-blind, human trials to have faster absorption – combined with equal or greater body retention. It also contains dihydroquercetin to enhance vitamin C’s “recycling” power.
FAST-C® and Bio-Quercetin Phytosome is the only vitamin C product to incorporate:
- A proprietary blend of alkalizing minerals that yields an almost completely acid-neutralized (which is better than “buffered”) vitamin C for sensitive stomachs
- Piperine (Bioperine®), a multipatented, black pepper alkaloid that significantly accelerates vitamin C absorption, shortening the time to peak plasma concentration3
- Dihydroquercetin, a grape leaf derived flavonoid that donates electrons back to vitamin C molecules that have spent their electrons neutralizing free radicals – regenerating vitamin C to work again14
In recognition of this breakthrough, FAST-C® received the prestigious Scientific Achievement Award from Nutrition Business Journal.15
In a soon to be journal-published article, scientists evaluated the FAST-C® formulation in humans. They found that in just 60 minutes the FAST-C® composition generated a “significantly higher” vitamin C blood increase than the leading, enhanced-absorption vitamin C product.2 To further validate these findings, a second clinical trial was conducted to compare two different variations of the formula in FAST-C® with the leading, “enhanced” brand.
One of the FAST-C® formulations produced higher blood concentrations of vitamin C after 30, 60, and even 90 minutes. Despite faster and greater rises in blood vitamin C with FAST-C® the amounts of vitamin C excreted in the urine were no greater than the amount excreted in the urine with the leading “enhanced” brand – which suggests similar or better vitamin C retention by the body.3
Serving Size: 1 vegetarian tablet
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)
Calcium (as calcium carbonate)
Magnesium (as magnesium hydroxide)
Bioperine® piperine [from black pepper (Piper nigrum) extract (fruit)]
Bio-Quercetin phytosome (providing 5 mg quercetin [from Japanese sophora concentrate (flower bud)], phosphatidylcholine complex [from sunflower])
Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, maltodextrin, croscarmellose sodium, vegetable stearate, silica, coating (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, glycerin).
Fast-C® is a registered trademark of Scientific Food Solutions, LLC.
Bioperine® is a registered trademark of Sabinsa Corporation.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one tablet daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. PLoS Med. 2005 Sep;2(9):e307.
2. FASEB J. April 2008;22 Meeting Abstract Supp:689.
3. American College of Nutrition. Annual Meeting, October, 2009.
4. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1992 Sep 30;669:7-20.
5. Am J Clin Nutr. 1996 Jun;63(6):985S-90S.
6. FASEB J. 1995 Apr;9(7):526-33.
7. Altern Med Rev. 2003 Nov;8(4):359-77.
8. J Nutr. 2007;137:2171-84.
9. Am J Clin Nutr. 1999;69:1086-107.
10. Curr Drug Targets. 2012 Dec 1;13(14):1757-71.
11. Am J Clin Nutr. 2003 Jan;77(1):189-95.
12. Lipids. 2012 Dec;47(12):1193-207.
13. J Amer Dietetic Assoc. 1994;94:779-81.
14. Free Radic Biol Med. 1995 Jul;19(1):45-52.
15. Available at: http://www.scientificfoodsolutions.com/fastC_NBJ_Achievement_Award.html . Accessed January 31, 2013.
46. [Antioxidant properties of dihydroquercetin].
47. Office of Dietary Supplements: Vitamin C
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.