Many individuals have tried a host of remedies in an attempt to soothe their digestive tracts, but some still have an issue with gastric distress1-4 – with resulting discomfort along the delicate lining of the esophagus. A novel solution is now available in the form of what scientists call raft-forming alginate. This blend of all-natural ingredients in Esophageal Guardian provides a totally unique approach to protecting esophageal tissue against harsh stomach acids.
The mechanism behind Esophageal Guardian involves the formation of a temporary physical barrier – or raft – between the stomach and the esophagus.5 The secret to this technology is what happens when alginic acid and potassium bicarbonate come into contact with gastric acids. Alginic acid forms a gel and potassium bicarbonate produces bubbles that get trapped in that gel – producing a floating foam layer that sits above the contents of the stomach.5
Immediately, two other natural ingredients in this formulation – calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate – react with the stomach acid to create lift in the foam and make it firmer.5 Clinical studies suggest this temporary foam barrier provides maximum support for delicate esophageal tissues.5,6 Also, the carbonate and bicarbonate in these ingredients may help neutralize stomach acid.5
This protective foam barrier develops less than a minute after two natural berry flavor tablets of Esophageal Guardian are chewed and swallowed. Yet the relief it provides lasts up to 4 hours.5 Quite simply, Esophageal Guardian Natural Berry Flavor may deliver the fastest-acting, longest-lasting, and most advanced technology available to support delicate esophageal and stomach tissues against gastric distress.
Serving Size: 2 chewable tablets
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving
Calcium (as calcium carbonate)
Magnesium (as magnesium carbonate)
Potassium (as potassium bicarbonate)
Strawberry extract (fruit)
Ellagic acid [from pomegranate extract (hull) and strawberry extract (fruit)]
Other Ingredients: xylitol, mannitol, stearic acid, citric acid, natural berry flavors, maltodextrin, croscarmellose sodium, vegetable stearate, silica, stevia extract, modified corn starch.
Dosage and Use:
- After the heaviest meal of the day, chew two tablets followed by 4 to 8 oz. of water, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Do not swallow tablets whole.
Caution: Avoid concomitant use with prescription medication. Take medication at least 30 minutes before, or at least 2 hours after, product use.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/news/20110420/the-10-most-prescribed-drugs.
2. Am J Gastroenterol. 1983 May;78(5):257-60.
3. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008 Sep;23(9):1368-72.
4. Thorac Surg Clin. 2005 Aug;15(3):369-75.
5. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2000 Jun;14(6):669-90.
6. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 1992 Oct;6(5):579-88.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.