Benefits of Enhanced Super Digestive Enzymes
- Helps the body break down and absorb food
- Reduces bloating and discomfort
- Improves digestive health and function
- Contains an array of enzymes to help break down all types of food.
The body’s natural enzyme production is reduced overtime by factors such as aging and various health issues .1,2 This downsizing has many effects, including an inflated sensation not long after consuming a large meal. By using an enzyme supplement, effects such as supporting ideal digestion and improved absorption of nutrients may be seen.3-5 Enhanced Super Digestive Enzymes offers a powerful supply of the amylase, protease and lipase enzymes that are devised to conform to a host of stomach acid pH conditions and offer potent digestion of protein, fat, carbohydrates, milk lactose and vegetable cellulose.6
The gastrointestinal tract is a long muscular tube that functions as the food processor for the human body.The digestive system includes the following organs: the mouth and salivary glands, stomach, the small and large intestines, colon, liver, pancreas, and the gall bladder. The gastrointestinal tract is not a passive system; rather, it has the capability to sense and react to the materials that are passed through it.7 For a healthy digestive system, every person requires different food selections that match their gastrointestinal tract capacity.
Enzymes are a critical component of the body’s ability to absorb and make full use of food. The fundamental digestive enzymes are proteases, amylases and lipases. Respectively, these enzymes function to absorb protein, carbohydrates, and fat. They also serve as a biological stimulant to assist in digesting food. The capability of living creatures to produce enzymes declines with age.
As humans age, pancreatic enzyme levels decline, diminishing the ability to break down food. Enhanced Super Digestive Enzymes is Life Extension’s response to the need for a comprehensive digestive enzyme supplement. Designed to adapt to a variety of stomach acid pH conditions, Enhanced Super Digestive Enzymes facilitates more powerful digestion of protein, fat, carbohydrates, and milk lactose than other formulas.
Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
Vegetarian Digestive Enzyme Blend (supplying)
Protease SP (A. oryzae, B. subtilis) 25,000 FCC (HUT)
Bromelain (A. comosus) 800,000 FCC (PU)
Amylase (A. oryzae) 10,000 FCC (DU)
Lactase (A. oryzae) 2,000 FCC (ALU)
Cellulase (T. longibrachiatum) 2,000 FCC (CU)
Lipase (C. rugosa) 7,500 FCC (FIP)
Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, maltodextrin, delayed release capsule (hypromellose, purified water, gellan gum), medium chain triglycerides.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one (1) capsule one to two times daily prior to the heaviest meals, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Altern Med Rev. 2008 Dec;13(4):307-14.
2. JOP. 2005 May 10;6(3):206-15.
3. Int J Nurs Pract. 2006 Apr;12(2):110-8.
4. Digestion. 1991;50:202-11.
5. Gastroenterology. 1997 May;112(5):1624-34.
6. J Clin Gastroenterol. 1999 Jan;28(1):3-10.
7. Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol. 2003 Oct;6(5):369-74.
8. Pharmacotherapy. 2007 Jun;27(6):910-20.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.