Suboptimal levels of sex hormones, neurotransmitters and nitric oxide as well as increased levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines and monoamine oxidase may play a significant role in decreasing sexual function. Life Extension’s Enhanced Sex for Women 50+ provides a phyto blend containing cordyceps mushrooms as well as a variety of herbal extracts to maintain sexual hormones and provide support for neurotransmitters.
Roughly half of all women live without optimal sexual function and libido.1 A woman’s loss of sexual vitality is related to a number of key factors, including suboptimal levels of sex hormones, neurotransmitters, and nitric oxide; and increased levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines and monoamine oxidase. Fortunately, researchers have created a state-of-the-art formulation of botanical extracts shown to modulate these underlying mechanisms.
Enhanced Sex for Women® 50+ introduces a unique phyto blend that targets and supports the mechanisms that promote healthy sexual function and libido:
- Cordyceps: Mushroom extract modulates sex hormone levels and promotes their downstream flow; boosts mitochondrial energy and sex interest by increasing adenosine triphosphate (ATP) production, supports vaginal lubrication and sexual function by promoting nitric oxide, and inhibits pro-inflammatory cytokines that can dampen sexual desire. In placebo-controlled studies, scientists documented that cordyceps improved sexual function and desire in 86% of women – in 40 days!2
- Lepidium meyenii (maca): Cultivated for over 2,000 years, this plant root extract has now been shown to modulate levels and flow of sex hormones, support adrenal function and promote libido and sexual pleasure by helping to optimize brain neurotransmitters and monoamine oxidase (MAO) levels. Women who took maca scored over 35% better than placebo subjects on a standard sexual function and libido scale after just six weeks.3
Menopausal transition is considered the most difficult time for a woman to remain sexually active. In addition to the hot flashes and fatigue, vaginal dryness and loss of libido often interfere with sexual function. Enhanced Sex for Women® 50+ contains cordyceps and maca plus three herbal root extracts used for over 400 years in Korea to help inhibit symptoms of menopause:
- Phlomis unbrosa
- Cynanchum wilfordii
- Angelica gigas
Scientists found that when these three botanicals are uniquely blended and hot water extracted, they balance estrogenic activity in only those target tissues specifically related to menopausal symptoms.4 In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, this formulation (EstroG-100) helped inhibit menopausal symptoms by 62% in just 12 weeks.4
|Serving Size: 3 vegetarian capsules |
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving|
|Proprietary Blend: |
MacaPure® Maca (Lepidium meyenii) extract 5:1 (root) [std. to 0.6% macamides and macaenes]
EstroG-100 [proprietary blend of Angelica gigas, Phlomis umbrosa, Cynanchum wilfordii extracts 5:1 (root)]
Cordyceps Cs-4 (Paecilomyces hepiali) extract 8:1 (mycelia) [std. to 0.7% cordycepic acid]
|Other Ingredients: maltodextrin, vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable stearate, silica.|
MacaPure® is a registered trademark of Naturex, Inc.
Dosage and Use:
- Take three capsules daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. J Sex Med. 2010;7(4):1598-1607.
2. J Alt Complement Med. 1998;4(3):289-303.
3. Menopause. 2008 Nov-Dec;15(6):1157-62.
4. Phytother Res. 2011;doi:10.1002/ptr.3597.
1. Beneficial effects of Lepidium meyenii (Maca) on psychological symptoms and measures of sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal women are not related to estrogen or androgen content.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.