Everyone knows omega-3 fatty acids are among the most essential nutrients for a healthy body. But Why? The health benefits of Omega-3’s are based in their anti-inflammatory properties and high concentrations within the brain. Clearly EPA/DHA from Life Extension contains the finest quality of Omega-3’s in a highly bioavailable softgel formulation.
- Features precise dosages of EPA and DHA extracted from tilapia and carp under high manufacturing standards
- Anti-inflammatory properties support cardiovascular function, joint comfort, as well as healthy skin and hair
- Omega-3 fatty acid content in the brain must be supported through dietary choices and supplementation
- A great alternative for those who avoid fish in their diet
Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Inflammation, and the Cardiovascular System
Adding fish to one’s diet has long been prescribed to those who are struggling with their cardiovascular health. The reason for this is that most varieties of fish have exceptionally high Omega-3 fatty acid content. Omega-3’s, like DHA and EPA, are primarily renowned for their anti-inflammatory properties. This is because they have been shown to help reduce accumulations of inflammatory compounds known as prostaglandins.1 These anti-inflammatory properties are key to understanding the potential of Omega-3 supplementation for support of better heart health.
Inflammation is particularly problematic for the healthy function of the cardiovascular system. It causes damage to the blood vessels which are responsible for moving blood throughout the body. The subsequent reduction in blood flow is thought to be a central factor in a number of serious heart health concerns.
As if all of these benefits weren’t enough, DHA and EPA may even be helpful for balancing cholesterol levels already within a healthy and natural range.2
EPA and DHA for Joint Health
Joints are relatively simple mechanisms compared to the rest of the human body. However, they tend to be particularly susceptible to feelings of pain and discomfort. This is because joints require soft tissue and collagen to cushion contact between the two connected bones. Swelling and inflammation in these tissues are the sources of much discomfort in joints throughout the body. By helping the body to limit the spread of inflammation, Omega-3’s may be useful for those who experience regular stiffness or discomfort in their joints.
A Dietary Approach to Healthy Hair and Skin
Not surprisingly, the harms of inflammation even extend to the skin and the hair. Skin cells and hair follicles are both susceptible to damage from inflammatory activity. For this reason, it is very common to see omega-3’s represented in lotions, shampoos and other personal care products. However, it is even more important to ensure that these essential nutrients are represented in one’s diet, both for skin and hair care, as well as for the other benefits of its anti-inflammatory properties.
Omega-3’s and Cognitive Function
All inflammation aside, Omega-3 fatty acids are also notable for their high concentrations in the brain where they are thought to be supportive of neurotransmissions and overall cognitive function. The brain is thought to be at least 60% fat-based. Without an adequate supply of healthy fats from a balanced diet, long-term and short-term brain health may suffer.3
Serving Size: 4 Softgels
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
Fish Oil Concentrate
EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid)
DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)
Other Ingredients: highly refined fish oil (anchovy), gelatin (tilapia, carp), mixed tocopherols, glycerin, purified water.
Contains Fish (tilapia, carp)
Dosage and Use:
- Take four (4) softgels daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If you are taking anticoagulant or antiplatelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.