Countless aging Americans find themselves under constant assault from excess glucose calories. Even health-conscious, active people can experience higher-than-desired blood sugar levels as they age. Life Extension now offers an enhanced, all-natural, multipronged approach: CinSulin with InSea2 and Crominex 3+.
Scientists worldwide are excited over the clinically proven power of a novel form of cinnamon to support healthy glucose metabolism.37,38 Scientists at the US Department of Agriculture have been quietly studying it for more than a decade.39,40 Government experts have been amazed by compelling in vitro results documenting its ability to induce a twenty-fold increase in sugar metabolism.41
Studies in humans have proven equally impressive. In a recent double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial,42 a group of maturing individuals (average age 61) taking 500 mg per day of the cinnamon extract contained in this CinSulin® formula experienced an average decline of 12 mg/dL in fasting blood glucose after only two months. This novel cinnamon extract also produced a significant decrease in after-meal glucose spikes (an average of 32 mg/dL) after ingestion of 75 g of carbohydrates!
An objective of those who practice calorie restriction is to maintain fasting glucose levels around 80 mg/dL of blood and after-meal glucose spikes to no greater than 40 mg/dL. CinSulin® may help more longevity enthusiasts accomplish their glucose control objective.
The danger with cinnamon in other supplements are the presence of naturally occurring, toxic fat-soluble compounds known as aldehydes. Life Extension has identified a highly purified water-soluble cinnamon extract standardized to the bioactive Type-A Polymers using a patented process that eliminates these dangerous toxins.
Researchers have known of the many health benefits of seaweed extracts for years. Only recently has it come to light that a proprietary form of seaweed extract called InSea2® blocks the action of glucosidase and amylase – enzymes your body uses to break down carbohydrates into glucose, facilitating its transport into the bloodstream. Derived from brown seaweed and bladderwrack, a single 500 mg dose of this proprietary compound triggered a 48.3% decline in after-meal blood sugar spikes in a recent double-blind, placebo controlled trial.43
Long known for its role in maintaining healthy glucose metabolism, chromium has been optimized with standardized extract of Indian gooseberry and a proprietary form of the adaptogen shilajit. The name of this most advanced chromium complex is Crominex® 3+. The Crominex® 3+ complex helps support:
- Normal cellular glucose absorption44-50
- Healthy endothelial function51,52
- Healthy lipid and triglyceride levels53-56
- Normal cellular energy production57,58
Combined with CinSulin® and InSea2®, the result is an unrivalled formula that affords optimal support for healthy glucose metabolism in aging individuals.
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule |
Servings Per Container: 90
|Amount Per Serving|
|Iodine ((typical value naturally occurring from kelp and bladderwrack)||20 mcg|
|Chromium [as Crominex® 3+ chromium stabilized with Capros® standardized amla extract (fruit) and PrimaVie® purified and standardized Shilajit]||133 mcg|
|CinSulin® Cinnamon (Cinnamomum cassia) water extract (bark) [standardized to 2.5% (4.375 mg) Type-A Polymers]||175 mg|
|InSea2® [proprietary composition of demineralized polyphenols from brown seaweeds Kelp (Ascophyllum nodosum) and Bladderwrack (Fucus vesiculosus)]||100 mg|
|Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), silica, vegetable stearate.|
Crominex®3+, Capros® and PrimaVie® are registered trademarks of Natreon, Inc.
CinSulin® is a registered trademark of Tang-An Medical Ltd., manufactured under US patent #6,200,569.
InSea2® is a trademark of innoVactive.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule 20-30 minutes before each meal not exceeding three capsules daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Best results are achieved by taking this product along with maintaining a proper diet and regular exercise.
Caution: Because this product may lower blood glucose, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product if you are taking blood glucose lowering medication.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
Office of Dietary Supplements: Chromium
37. Diabetes Care. 2003 Dec;26(12):3215-8.
38. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2007 Nov;9(6):895-901.
39. J Agric Food Chem. 2000 Mar; 48(3):849-52
40. Phytomedicine. 2011 Feb 15;18(4):298-302.
41. J Agric Food Chem. 2004 Jan 14;52(1):65-70
42. FASEB J. 2010; 24:722.1.
43. J Metab. Submitted for publication.
44. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 1995 Jun;28(3):179-84.
45. Proc Nutr Soc. 2008 Feb;67(1):48-53.
46. Diabetes. 1997 Nov;46(11):1786-91.
47. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2011 Jul;25(3):149-53.
48. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2004 Jan 31;148(5):217-20.
49. Altern Med Rev. 2002 Jun;7(3):218-35.
50. Saudi Med J. 2000 Jan;21(1):45-50.
51. Br J Nutr. 2007 Jun;97(6):1187-95.
52. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2005 Jul;125(7):587-91.
53. J Ethnopharmacol. 2002 Jan;79(1):81-7.
54. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2005 Dec;51(6):413-8.
55. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2007 Feb;127(2):385-8.
56. Indian J Exp Biol. 2001 Aug;39(8):760-6.
57. Indian J Exp Biol. 1997 Mar;35(3):297-9.
58. Phytother Res. 2007 May;21(5):401-5.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.