Benefits of BioActive Folate & Vitamin B12
- Helps to guard against stroke and heart disease.
- Supports cardiovascular health.
- Supports the relief of asthma, bursitis, depression, and low blood pressure.
- Methylcobalamin (B12) has been shown to support basic neurological functions and cognitive health.
- Supports the treatment of pernicious anemia and iron-deficiency anemia.
Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) has a multitude of health benefits for the mind and body. It is one of the building blocks of life, where it is involved in the normal function of the central nervous system. It encourages healthy cognitive, memory, and emotional function, making it an essential neurological supporting nutrient.1
The primary source of B12 is found in animal food sources, although both plants and animals can’t produce this nutrient for themselves. It is believed that bacteria are the manufacturing agents for the vitamin.1
The treatment of pernicious anemia often involves increasing the intake of vitamin B12. B12 deficiency can cause more than anemia. This nutrient declines as we age and it’s absence within the body can cause impaired mental function such as confusion, memory lapses, slow thinking, and even damage to the brain and nervous system.1
Folic acid plays a strong role in our cardiovascular health. Studies are being done to find out exactly how much folic acid the body needs. Some new studies are showing that many people may benefit from much larger doses than available in today’s dietary supplements.2
Folate is essential for healthy DNA and RNA synthesis, the cell’s genetic blueprints for life. Folate safeguards the DNA from alterations, which can cause cancer or birth defects in developing babies, while in the mother’s womb. Both adults and children require adequate folate in their diets to build normal red blood cells and to prevent iron-deficiency anemia.2
The number one killer for both men and women is cardiovascular disease. It claims nearly 40% of American’s that die each year. Approximately 64 million Americans have a form of cardiovascular disease. One of the markers of the risk for cardiovascular disease are homocysteine levels.Some researchers consider homocysteine to be just as important as LDL levels in determining the risk for cardiovascular disease. The homocysteine levels cause the blood to clot more quickly than normal, which can lead to a heart attack or stroke. Increasing the intake of folic acid, and vitamins B6 and B12 can help to reduce homocysteine levels which in turn will support the blood and normal clotting times.2
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule |
Servings Per Container: 90
|Amount Per Serving|
|Folate (as L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate calcium salt)||680 mcg|
|Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)||300 mcg|
|Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, dicalcium phosphate, vegetable cellulose (capsule).|
Dosage and Use:
- Take one (1) capsule daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.