Benefits of Astaxanthin with Phospholipids
- Provides 4 mg of astaxanthin, a powerful natural antioxidant
- Supports the immune system
- Helps prevent plaque buildup in the arteries
- Reduces inflammation
- Supports neurological health and function
- Supports cataract prevention
- Incorporates phospholipids for fast and effective absorption
Life Extension Astaxanthin with Phospholipids is a potent, highly bioavailable antioxidant that supports the immune and cardiovascular systems. It also helps protect against both inflammatory and neurodegenerative diseases, and has been shown to help support cataract prevention and repair muscle damage.
Astaxanthin is a fat-soluble compound. The challenge to deriving maximum benefits is its normally limited absorption – as low as about 50%.1,2 Assimilation of astaxanthin is impeded by limited uptake and intestinal degradation.
Astaxanthin with Phospholipids combines 4 milligrams of natural astaxanthin with a proprietary blend of phospholipids. By incorporating phospholipids, scientific research shows that absorption may be enhanced several-fold.2
Astaxanthin with Phospholipids uses four different phospholipids to facilitate maximum absorption of astaxanthin into the bloodstream, where it is transported to cells throughout the body.
Astaxanthin has been researched extensively. A variety of double-blind, randomized controlled trials along with other clinical research has indicated astaxanthin has positive effects on:3,5
- The immune system
- HDL cholesterol and tryglycerides
- Memory and brain function
- Cataracts, vision and eye strain
- Muscles and physical endurance
- Acid reflux
- Inflammation and pain
- Anti aging
- Male fertility
Other research has shown astaxanthin to slow the growth of breast and skin cancers, prevent plaque buildup in the arteries, protect the heart during a heart attack and reducing oxidation in the brain. It may also support peptic ulcers and protect against kidney damage caused by diabetes.4
Reformulated without soybeans!
Serving Size: 1 softgel
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving
Astaxanthin Phospholipid Proprietary Blend: Phospholipids, Natural Astaxanthin [from extract of Haematococcus pluvialis algae (providing 4 mg astaxanthin)]
Other Ingredients: gelatin, sunflower oil, glycerin, purified water, extra virgin olive oil.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one softgel once or twice daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2012 Sep;56(9):1385-97.
2. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2003 Jul; 19(4):299-304.
3. Astaxanthin, Cell Membrane Nutrient with Diverse Clinical Benefits and Anti-Aging Potential
4. WebMD: Astaxanthin
5. Astaxanthin: a review of its chemistry and applications.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.