Life Extension Arthro-Immune Joint Support contains 2 plant extracts to help ease discomfort in aging body’s joints. PARACTIN supports tender and swollen joints while Curcumin Elite™ provides a highly bioavailable antioxidant that helps combat inflammation.
Joint stiffness and discomfort is also a consequence of aging. With advancing age, there’s an increase in certain destructive cytokines (immune-modulating agents) that contribute to degenerative conditions. Tumor necrosis factor (TNF-alpha) is one such agent. These pro-inflammatory agents have been implicated in a host of age-related problems including issues related to joints.5
Blocking the actions of pro-inflammatory cytokines is crucial for joint health. In addition to protecting joints from damaging free radicals, replacing naturally occurring joint-supporting nutrients like glucosamine and chondroitin is also important.
While conventional methods can produce side effects, Arthro-Immune Joint Support combines two clinically proven plant extracts into one powerful formula to help ease inflammation.
Andrographis paniculata has received acclaim for its beneficial effect on inflammation.63 A Chilean study involved 60 adults who took either 150 mg andrographis extract daily or a placebo. Those taking the extract showed dramatic improvement of several outcomes, including fewer numbers of tender and/or swollen joints. For joints that remained tender and/or swollen, the intensity was lessened.64 Arthro-Immune Joint Support contains PARACTIN® Andrographis extract, which has demonstrated its efficacy in combating inflammation in human clinical, in vivo and in vitro studies.
Curcumin is a compound that is universally recognized for its impressive antioxidant and fluid-regulating properties. In an as-yet-unpublished double-blind clinical trial, an enhanced absorbing curcumin was shown to have a beneficial effect on inflammation.65 Arthro-Immune Joint Support also contains Curcumin Elite™, which is considered the gold standard curcumin, with bioavailability far superior to that of most curcumin extracts.
Life Extension’s Arthro-Immune Joint Support provides scientifically validated plant extracts that have been shown to have significant salutary effects on tender or swollen joints. Just one capsule a day provides a potent serving of PARACTIN® and Curcumin Elite™.
Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
PARACTIN® (Bioactive 14-Neo-Andro Compounds) patented blend of (Andrographis paniculata) extract (leaf) supplying [Andrographolides, 14-Deoxyandrographolides, and Neoandrographolides]
Curcumin Elite™ Proprietary CGM Blend providing 40% curcuminoids (100 mg) and 3% turmerones (7.5 mg) [from turmeric (rhizome)], 30% galactomannans (75 mg) [from fenugreek (seed)]
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable stearate, silica.
Bio-Curcumin® and BCM-95® are registered trademarks of Dolcas-Biotech, LLC. U.S. Patents Nos. 7,883,728, 7,736,679 and 7,879,373.
PARACTIN® is a registered trademark of HP Ingredients.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule once or twice daily (6 to 8 hours apart) with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Caution: Do not take if you have gallbladder problems or gallstones. If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Efficacy of an Andrographis paniculata composition for the relief of rheumatoid arthritis symptoms: a prospective randomized placebo-controlled trial.
2. Anti-inflammatory effect of Curcuma longa (turmeric) on collagen-induced arthritis: an anatomico-radiological study.
5. Biorheology. 2002;39(1-2):237-46.
63. Int Immunopharmacol. 2009 Mar;9(3):313-8.
64. Clin Rheumatol. 2009 Aug;28(8):931-463.
65. Chandran B, Chakkiath VK, Thomas SPO. A multicentre, randomized, controlled human clinical study to assess the efficacy and safety of Biocurcumax (BCM-95®) compared to diclofenac sodium. Submitted for publication. 2009.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.