AMPK is a central factor in the burning and storage of fat cells. Degraded functionality of AMPK is thought to contribute to the accumulation of body fat. Exercise is perhaps the most powerful force for its activation, but a number of nutritional compounds, including ActiveAMP® and Hesperidin, have been studied for their potential to support healthy AMPK functionality.
- Provides a potent dose of ActiveAMP® and citrus bioflavonoid Hesperidin.
- A natural source of energy for cells throughout the human body.
- May aid in increased burning of stored abdominal fat.
- Supports healthy levels of cellular metabolism within a normal range.
What is AMPK and How Does it Work in the Body?
AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) is an enzyme present in every cell of the human body. It is a central component of cellular energy homeostasis. As such, this crucial enzyme stimulates energy generating processes ranging from glucose uptake to fatty acid oxidation, while simultaneously downregulating energy reducing processes like protein and lipid synthesis. Because it is so heavily involved in the burning of fat (as opposed to fat storage), decreased AMPK function is thought to be a factor in the accumulation of body fat.1 Exercise is generally regarded as the most effective physiological activator of AMPK, but dietary intake is also thought by some experts to have great potential for nutritional support its activity as well.
ActiveAMP® and Hesperidin
ActiveAMP® is an extract of adaptogenic herb, Gynostemma pentaphyllum. This extract has been studied for its potential to support metabolic activity through the activation of AMPK, and has yielded impressive results in this area.2
Hespiridin is a bioflavonoid found in citrus fruits with a number beneficial properties. Because of its citrus bioflavonoid structure it is thought to be supportive of vitamin C complex formation. It also has antioxidant properties. Hesperidin has been shown to support healthy and balanced AMPK activity.3
Note: This product is non-GMO, gluten free, and vegetarian.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.