Life Extension Advanced Lipid Control is clinically shown to support healthy levels of cholesterol, reduce inflammation in the arterial wall, and provide excellent antioxidant protection. Contains two key components to cardiovascular health; Capros amla and theaflavins.
The ingredients in Advanced Lipid Control (black tea and Indian gooseberry) are designed to help support healthy blood lipid levels. Black tea theaflavins and flavonoids help manage atherosclerosis,7 aids in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels,1 and supporting endothelial operations resulting in healthy circulation and integrity,2,4,5 and helps control oxidative damage.3 A special extract of Indian gooseberry (Capros amla) contains beneficial tannins that may improve endothelial actions and supports low density lipoprotein (LDL), high density lipoprotein (HDL), and triglycerides.6
In one human test, patients with both normal and high levels of serum cholesterol levels showed a reduction after taking Indian gooseberry. After the supplementation was stopped, the cholesterol levels rose again.8 A different human trial showed a significant reduction in total cholesterol, LDL (the “bad” cholesterol), and tyiglycerides, and there was a significant increase in HDL (the “good” cholesterol)9 In other human trials, black tea supplementation showed significant reductions in LDL and total cholesterol in patients with elevated levels.10,11 Combined into an easy-to-use vegetarian capsule, Life Extension Advanced Lipid Control gives you a powerful weapon for defense against high cholesterol.
Serving Size: 2 vegetarian capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving
Capros® amla water extract (fruit) [std to 60% low molecular weight hydolyzable tannins (300 mg)]
Black Tea extract (leaf) [std to 25% theaflavins (87.5 mg)]
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), stearic acid, vegetable stearate, silica.
Capros® is a registered trademark of Natreon, Inc.
This product contains a black tea extract which is licensed from Applied Food Sciences, Inc. and is protected by U.S. patent Nos. 6,811,799 and 6,602,527.
Dosage and Use:
- Take two capsules in the evening with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Take earlier in the day if you are sensitive to caffeine.
- This supplement has less than 6 mg of caffeine per serving (the amount found in 1/8 cup of brewed green tea).).
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. J Nutr. 2003;133:3298S-3302S.
2. Zhong Yao Cai. 2005 Apr;28(4):304-6.
3. Prev Med. 2005;40:910-8.
4. Folia Biol (Praha). 2007;53(5):164-72.
5. Crit Care Med. 2004;32:2097-103.
6. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes. 2013 Jul 26;6:275-84.
7. Effect of tea flavonoid supplementation on the susceptibility of low-density lipoprotein to oxidative modification.
8. Effect of the Indian gooseberry (amla) on serum cholesterol levels in men aged 35-55 years.
9. A comparative clinical study of hypolipidemic efficacy of Amla (Emblica officinalis) with 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme-A reductase inhibitor simvastatin
10. Black tea consumption reduces total and LDL cholesterol in mildly hypercholesterolemic adults.
11. USDA: BLACK TEA CONSUMPTION REDUCES TOTAL AND LOW DENSITY LIPOPROTEIN CHOLESTEROL IN MILDLY HYPERCHOLESTEROLEMIC ADULTS.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.