Benefits of Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate
- Supports the transportation of nutrients through the cells
- Helps to maintain cellular energy levels
- Enhances the release and absorption of dopamine
- Supports neural health
- Promotes healthy neurotransmitter levels in the brain
Life Extension Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate assists in maintaining cellular energy metabolism and transport of fatty acids from the cytosol into the mitochondria within the cell. Enhances release of dopamine, supports vascular and brain function.
A major cause of aging is a reduction in the energy-producing components of the cell, resulting in reduced cellular metabolic activity, and the accumulation of cellular debris.1-7 L-carnitine helps maintain cellular energy metabolism by assisting in the transport of fatty acids from the cytosol into the mitochondria within the cell, where fats are oxidized to produce the cellular energy (adenosine triphosphate or ATP).8-13
Acetyl-L-carnitine is the acetylated ester of the amino acid L-carnitine. Acetyl-L-carnitine is an endogenous mitochondrial membrane compound that helps maintain mitochondrial bioenergetics and lowers the increased oxidative stress associated with aging.14 Acetyl-L-carnitine and L-carnitine are absorbed into the bloodstream efficiently. Both are effective at carrying long-chain fatty acids across the membrane into the mitochondria where they are burned for energy production and utilized efficiently by the cells.15-18 Acetyl-L-carnitine also guards against oxidative damage.5,19-21 Amyloid-beta peptide is a principal component of plaques and is thought to be a contributor to the aging process. Acetyl-L-carnitine exerts protective effects against such neurotoxicity and oxidative stress.14
In addition to supporting cellular energy metabolism, acetyl-L-carnitine arginate, which is a patented form of carnitine, also promotes optimal brain health.
Caution: For some people, L-carnitine, especially acetyl-L-carnitine, may have a stimulating effect. Therefore, it may be unwise to take it in the evening.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.