People turn to Vitamin B12 supplementation for many reasons: inability to absorb the nutrient from food, regular feelings of tiredness and fatigue, and to reduce the threat of homocysteine overload. Active Chew B12 w/ L-Methylfolate from Genestra can achieve all of these benefits and more with the addition of highly bioavailable folate. Only uses the highest quality of natural ingredients.
- Features a 1000 mcg dose of methylcobalamin and a 400 mcg dose of calcium L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate.
- May provide support for energy levels, heart health, blood flow, neurological function, red blood cell formation and more!
- Folate and B12 work synergistically to convert homocysteine into methionine.
- All-natural chewable tablet formulation is a convenient alternative to capsules which may be easier to digest in some recipients.
- Vegan and vegetarian friendly.
Functions and Benefits of Vitamin B12
While there are certain varieties of bacteria in the gut which can synthesize Vitamin B12 in small quantities, the human body is generally incapable of producing enough of this essential nutrient to keep the body functioning healthily. Vitamin B12 deficiencies are a leading cause of weakness and fatigue, so many who experience these feelings regularly turn to B12 supplementation as a nutritional means of boosting energy and focus levels throughout the day. Vitamin B12 also plays a number of critically important roles in a variety of bodily systems and functions including red blood cell formation, neurological function, and DNA synthesis.1
Vitamin B12 and Folate
Not only does Genestra Active Chew B12 contain a highly bioavailable dose of Vitamin B12 in its most active form (methylcobalamin), it also features Folate which is the most active form of Folic Acid, also known as Vitamin B9.
Folate and B12 have a uniquely synergistic relationship in the human body. In particular, they are both required for the conversion of potentially harmful amino acids known as homocysteine into a compound known as methionine, a fellow amino which is supportive of healthy blood flow.2 Neither B complex vitamin is capable of this process alone, so in the event of a possible homocysteine overload it is important to find a supplement which contains both nutrients. This powerful synergistic combination gives Genestra Active Chew B12 a great deal of potential for cardiovascular support.
Serving Size: 1 Tablet
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
Folate (calcium L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate, Metafolin®)
Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin)
Other Ingredients: Cellulose, Xylitol, Mannitol, Hyprolose, Silica, Natural cherry flavor.
Metafolin® is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
Dosage and Use:
- Recommended Dose: Adults and Children (4 years and older): Chew one tablet once daily, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
Note: Guaranteed to contain no added wheat, yeast, gluten, soy, sodium, sugar, artificial coloring or flavoring, antimicrobial preservatives, dairy or animal products. Ideal for vegans.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.