- Based on the original Ultra Eye and Vision Support formula from DR Vitamin Solutions (formerly Life Vitality).
- Features L-Glutathione, Milk Thistle Seed and Turmeric extracts.
- Glutathione, often referred to as the master antioxidant, is ideal for helping the eyes fight damage from free radicals.
- Also contains the most important carotenoids for all around eye health support: beta-carotene and lutein.
- Designed for corneal moisturization and defense via carotenoid support.
- May also help the body fight off retinal inflammation.
- 30 complete servings per bottle.
Why Are Carotenoids so Important for Eye Health?
Anytime you eat a fruit or vegetable which is orange or yellow in color, you’re getting a dose of carotenoids. This is because carotenoids are actually plant pigments which give off yellow, green and orange hues. If you’ve ever wondered why carrots are so highly recommended for eye health purposes, it is actually directly related to their vibrant orange color – an indicator that they are rich in carotenoids.
But what are the mechanisms which give carotenoids their notorious eye health support properties?
First off, let’s discuss the most prominent carotenoid: beta-carotene, also known as vitamin A. While beta-carotene has antioxidant properties and other means of supporting healthy vision, it is best know for helping to defend and moisturize the cornea of the eye.1
That brings us to lutein. Lutein is most commonly found in leafy greens which often have some yellow hues as well. This includes spinach, kale and swiss chard. Unlike other carotenoids, lutein can actually be found organically in the retina of the human eye, but that doesn’t mean that additional lutein in the diet isn’t necessary for eye health support. The primary function of lutein is thought to be its ability to help protect the retina from inflammation and oxidative stress.2
Glutathione and Eye Health Support
As the “master antioxidant” it should come as no surprise that many of the mechanisms by which glutathione supports eye health are related to free radicals and oxidative stress. However, it is less obvious that the lens of the eye contains high quantities of reduced glutathione. Glutathione found in the lens of the eye is essential for supporting thiol groups which play an important role in lens transparency and corneal function. Additionally, glutathione provides aid to corneal moisturization and membrane protection.3
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.