Benefits of Liquid Cal/Mag/D
- Vitamin D is a key regulatory hormone for calcium and bone metabolism
- Adequate vitamin D status is essential for ensuring normal calcium absorption and maintenance of healthy calcium plasma levels
- Magnesium absorption is independent of vitamin D status
The adult human body holds about 99% of all calcium and about 60% of magnesium in the skeleton. The remaining 1% of total body calcium and 40% of total body magnesium are found in the soft tissues and play important roles in such vital functions as nerve conduction, muscle contraction, energy metabolism, blood clotting, membrane permeability, and hormonal signaling. Blood calcium levels are carefully maintained within very narrow limits by the interplay of several hormones, including 1,25-dihydroxy-cholecalciferol, which control calcium absorption and excretion, as well as bone metabolism. The intracellular levels of magnesium are also very tightly regulated, since their alterations can have profound effects on cardiac and skeletal muscle physiology.
Bone is constantly turning over, a continuous process of formation and resorption. In children and adolescents, the rate of formation of bone mineral predominates over the rate of resorption. In later life, resorption predominates over formation. Therefore, in normal aging, there is a gradual loss of bone. It is generally accepted that obtaining enough dietary calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D throughout life can significantly support optimal bone health.
|Serving Size: 2 teaspoons (10 ml) |
Servings Per Container: 45
|Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) (1000IU)||25 mcg|
|Calcium (as calcium citrate)||350 mg|
|Magnesium (as magnesium citrate)||175 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Purified water, xylitol, natural raspberry flavor, medium chain triglycerides, citric acid, xanthan gum, organic stevia leaf extract, potassium sorbate, rosemary leaf extract, natural mixed tocopherols.|
|Gluten free. Non-GMO|
Dosage and Use:
- As a dietary supplement, adults take 2 teaspoons daily with a meal or as directed by your healthcare professional. Shake well before use.
Note: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. For optimal storage conditions, store in a cool, dry place. (59˚-77˚F/ 15˚-25˚C) (35-65% relative humidity) Tamper resistant package, do not use if outer seal is missing.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. O’Brien KO. Combined calcium and vitamin D supplementation reduces bone loss and fracture incidence in older men and women. Nutr Rev 1998;56:148-50.
2. Patrick L. Comparative absorption of calcium sources and calcium citrate malate for the prevention of osteoporosis. Altern Med Rev 1999;4:74-85.
3. Reid IR. The roles of calcium and vitamin D in the prevention of osteoporosis. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 1998 Jun;27(2):389-98.
4. Sojka JE, Weaver CM. Magnesium supplementation and osteoporosis. Nutr Rev 1995;53:71-74.
5. Spencer H, Fuller H, Norris C, Williams D. Effect of magnesium on the intestinal absorption of calcium in man. J Am Coll Nutr 1994;13:485-492.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.