In recent years, scientists have focused intensely on the benefits of resveratrol supplements in supporting a healthy life span. Now dermatologists have uncovered the singular power of topical resveratrol to combat the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and other unsightly effects of skin aging.
Plants evolved resveratrol to defend against stress and the damaging effects of daylong exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays. The interaction of oxygen and sunlight generates an enormous volume of free radicals, gradually dehydrating and destroying the surface of a plant’s skin.
It turns out that human skin is also highly receptive to resveratrol’s quenching action – especially the epidermis (the outer layer), where the visible effects of aging are most apparent.89
Resveratrol effectively neutralizes intense free radical activity. Scientific analysis has shown that topical resveratrol quenches lipid peroxidation at 95% efficiency, compared to 65% for vitamin E and 37% for vitamin C.90
Resveratrol is one of about 8,000 plant-based compounds known as polyphenols. To complement the beneficial effects of resveratrol on aging skin, a selection of high-potency black, green, and white tea polyphenols has been included in this formula to help preserve youthful skin tone and luster through their antioxidant activity.91-95
Also included is the Aspalathus linearis herb, found only in a mountainous region of South Africa. This herb is one of the only sources of aspalathin, another potent antioxidant polyphenol whose distinct molecular structure complements the free radical-neutralizing action of resveratrol and tea polyphenols.96
|Ingredients: Purified Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose, Resveratrol (Pichia ferment) Extract, Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) Extract, Red Tea (Aspalathus linearia) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.|
Dosage and Use:
- Apply to clean skin daily prior to bedtime.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Protective action of resveratrol in human skin: possible involvement of specific receptor binding sites.
89. PLoS One. 2010 Sep 23;5(9):e12935.
90. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2008 Mar;7(1):2-7.
91. Toxicology. 2001 Sep 14;166(1-2):63-9.
92. J Nutr Biochem. 2007 May;18(5):287-96
93. Int J Cosmet Sci. 2007 Dec;29(6):437-42.
94. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2010 Feb;3(2):179-89.
95. Exp Dermatol. 2009 Jun;18(6):522-6.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.