- 313.3 mg of Sodium and 1.2 g of Butyric acid contents per serving.
- Designed primarily for digestive, probiotic, and liver health support.
- May also confer benefits for stress and mood regulation due to the gut-brain connection.1
- Quality formulation is free of fillers, artificial colors, and resins.
- 50 servings per container.
What is Sodium Butyrate?
Most people, even the biggest health-buffs, have never heard of Sodium Butyrate. This is a shame because this compound has displayed a great deal of potential health benefits and utility in numerous clinical trials. Before we explore these benefits, let’s define this compound and its primary components.
Sodium Butyrate is the Sodium salt form of Butyric Acid. Fairly self-explanatory, right? Butyric acid itself, on the other hand, is a bit more complicated to define. Due to its comparative lack of carbon atoms, Butyric acid falls under the classification of a short-chain fatty acid.2
Also of note is that, unlike many of its long-chain counterparts such as the Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Butyric Acid is nonessential in humans. This means that Butyric Acid is produced organically within the human body, more specifically, in various parts of the gastrointestinal tract. It’s not surprising, therefore, that Sodium Butyrate is primarily recommended for digestive health support purposes. However, the benefits don’t stop there…
Potential Benefits and Intended Uses
First, let’s unpack the connections of Sodium Butyrate to digestive health: Butyric Acid is thought to have a number of important roles in the gastrointestinal tract. These include serving as the primary energy source for enteric cells (components of the enteric nervous system which is embedded in the gastrointestinal lining), in addition to serving as an important regulator of colonocyte proliferation and apoptosis, bacterial microflora composition, and involvement in numerous other processes including immunoregulation and anti-inflammatory activity. As such, Butyrate supplementation has great potential for aiding in various aspects of digestive health.3
While the gastrointestinal roles of Butyric Acid are well documented, it is less well known that Butyrate supplementation may provide nutritional aid for liver health as well. One particular study examined the effects of Butyric Acid in its Sodium Butyrate form on liver health. The study concluded that consumption of Sodium Butyrate may in fact have liver health benefits in certain individuals due to its effect on Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) secretion from intestinal L cells.4*
Storage: KEEP IN A COOL DRY PLACE!
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.